Most modern Smart TVs give the best visuals with clear, life-like pictures, but not being able to hear the music or dialog leaves you with only half of the experience. In some Vizio TV models, the volume will not work properly with the default settings. In that case, you should change the settings manually. No matter what, you should stream the videos on Vizio TV with the audio turned on. In addition to Vizio Smart TV not connecting to WIFI, the users might experience volume-related issues which can be checked and resolved. Nevertheless, fixing the volume not working or Vizio TV no sound issue isn’t a complex procedure if you come across it.
Vizio TV No Sound or Volume Not Working: Possible Causes
Vizio TV volume may not work or function for the following reasons.
- Volume set to zero
- TV may be on mute
- Speakers turned off
- Audio cables are damaged or faulty
- An issue with the input function
- Software bugs or hardware issues
How to Fix Vizio TV No Sound Issue
You can go ahead to resolve the Vizio audio-related issue with the following fixes.
Check the Audio Settings
Make sure that your Vizio TV is unmuted. If you mute your TV, then you may not hear the audio from your TV. Unmute the TV by pressing the mute button on your Vizio Tv remote.
If your TV is not muted, but you cannot hear any sound, increase the volume, and check if it is working fine.
Check the Batteries
The batteries in your Vizio TV remote might have drained. A fully charged battery may last up to two years. Vizio TV will not respond when the Vizio TV remote is not working because of low battery. Change the battery and resolve the issue. After changing the batteries, check if the Vizio TV remote is working properly, and you could adjust the volume. If not, you have to change the remote.
Check the HDMI Cables
If you hear the audio is cutting in and out, there might be loose contact with the cable. Unplug the HDMI or coaxial cable of your TV and plug it back into the TV. Insert the cables as much as possible into the TV.
If the problem is not solved, connect the cable to another device and check if the cable is working fine. If there is a fault in the cables, then try with a new HDMI cable.
Soft Reset Vizio TV
A soft reset will allow the Vizio TV to unload the unwanted data, which affects the performance. Soft resetting will not affect any of your downloaded data and preferences. Here are the steps to soft reset your Vizio TV.
#1. Power Off your TV and also all the connected devices.
#2. Unplug the TV cable from the power cord.
#3. Tap and hold the Power button on the TV for about 60 seconds.
#4. Then wait and keep the TV idle for 10 minutes.
#5. Plug in the TV cable to the power cord and power on your TV.
Check if the Vizio TV No Sound issue has been solved. If the issue still remains, try another troubleshooting method given below.
Update the TVs Firmware
If Vizio TV has outdated software with a bug, the device may bring audio issues. In that case, updating Vizio TV will fix the issue.
- Tap the V button on your Vizio TV remote.
- Navigate to Settings and choose the System option from the menu list
- Select the Check for Updates option.
- Update the software if there is an update available.
- After updating, restart your Vizio TV and check whether the volume is working properly.
Factory Reset your Vizio TV
- Tap on the menu button on your TV remote.
- Go to TV Settings and then select the System option.
- Choose Reset & Admin option from the menu list.
- Enter the passcode of your TV or enter ‘0000’ ( this is the default code for Vizio TV).
- Tap the Reset button to confirm the action.
- It will reset your TV.
In most cases, factory resetting Vizio TV will fix the volume-related problem on your TV.
Factory Reset your Vizio TV Without Remote
- Turn On your TV.
- Tap and hold the Volume down and source button at the same time.
- Wait for a few seconds, and tap and hold the input button for at least 10 seconds.
- It will automatically turn off your TV, and it will reset your TV to factory settings.
Disable SRS TruVolume Function
SRS TruVolume is used to adjust and control the volume automatically. If you connect this cable with the external devices, and the volume is not working properly, disable the TV’s function. Follow the steps given below.
- Tap the Menu button on your TV remote.
- Go to TV Settings >> Audio Settings option.
- Then select Advanced Audio from the list.
- Turn Off the RSS TruVolume.
Contact Vizio TV Support
If all the above-mentioned steps don’t work, you could try contacting the Vizio TV Customer Support Service for further assistance.
You can contact them by calling 1-844-254-8087 from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m to 11 p.m CST and 8 a.m to 9 p.m CST on Saturdays and Sundays.
You can also submit the online request form for your concern. In addition, you can contact the Live Agent or chatbot by visiting the Vizio support page.
Check the Vizio TVs Warranty
If your Vizio TV is a new one and it is under warranty. Then you can change your repair your TV or else you need to replace the new Vizio TV.
Check if TV is set to mute. You can try to increase the volume of your Vizio TV.
Power off your TV and unplug all the cables from it. Then, connect all the cables to the TV and turn On your TV.