LG Smart TV provides a lot of advanced features to enhance the user streaming experience. It has support for Chromecast and AirPlay, so you can watch content from your smartphones to the TV. If any app is not available in the LG Content Store as well as not compatible with AirPlay and Chromecast, you can screen share your smartphones and PCs screen to LG TV and watch the content on the big screen. You can use the Smart Share tool on LG TV to screen share content from a smartphone, PC, and Mac.
How to Screen Share on LG Smart TV
You can screen share on LG Smart TV in different ways. The methods are based on what devices you want to share on LG Smart TV.
How to Screen Share on LG Smart TV from Android
You can screen mirror from Android smartphone to LG TV in three ways.
- Using HDMI cable
- Using WiFi
- With Bluetooth
Screen Share using HDMI Cable
You can mirror your Android screen using an HDMI cable or Micro HDMI cable to LG TV. Before getting into the procedure, make sure that your Android phone/tablet and LG TV have support for MHL or a SlimPort.
1. Connect the MHL cable to the HDMI port, which has an MHL logo.
2. In case your TV doesn’t support MHL, you can look for a SlimPort. But to use SlimPort, you need to have a third-party adapter.
Note: MHL and SlimPort need a converter to convert videos from your phone to the TV.
3. Get an MHL-compatible HDMI to MicroUSB cable. Connect one end to the TV and another end to your phone.
4. Once connected, you can see your Android screen on your LG Smart TV.
Screen Share using WiFi
There are four ways available to share screens from Android to LG using WiFi.
- Using in-built feature
- With the LG Screen Share app
- With DLNA players
- Using Miracast or Screen Cast
Screen Share using Built-In Feature
1. Make sure that your LG TV and Android phone are connected to the same network connection.
2. On your Android phone, navigate to Settings >> Share and Connect.
3. Under Screen Share, tap Screen Sharing or Mirror Screen.
4. Choose your LG TV from the available devices.
5. Now, your Android screen is shared on your LG TV.
Screen Share with LG Screen Share App
1. Connect your Android and LG TV under the same WiFi connection.
2. Install LG Screen Share App from Google Play Store.
3. Launch the app and activate it on your phone.
4. Then, follow the on-screen prompts to connect your phone to the TV.
5. Once connected, your Android screen will be mirrored to your LG TV.
6. You can play any content and watch it on your LG TV.
Related: How to Find Mac Address on LG Smart TV
Screen Share with DLNA Players
DLNA (Digital Living Alliance) lets you mirror share media files that are saved on your DLNA-certified smartphone, tablet, PC, or server on LG TV via WiFi.
1. Connect your phone and LG TV to the same network connection.
2. Install DLNA player from Google Play Store.
3. Launch the app to share content on your smartphone.
4. Follow the on-screen prompts and enter the LG TV model if asked.
5. When both devices are connected, you can play the selected file on your LG Smart TV.
Screen Share using Miracast or Screen Cast
Nowadays, Android phones come with an in-built casting feature. You can use the feature to share the content. By default, your LG TV comes with Chromecast support. If your TV doesn’t have the features, you can buy a Miracast dongle to share your screen.
1. Ensure to connect Android and LG TV to the same network connection.
2. Move to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast option.
3. Choose your LG TV from the list.
4. Now, the screen will be mirrored on your device.
5. You can play any media file and watch them on your LG Smart TV.
Screen Share via Bluetooth
You can enable Bluetooth on LG TV and pair it with an Android phone to share the screen. However, the resolution and sound won’t be good. You also can only share small size images, videos, texts, and files. To share the Android screen to LG TV via Bluetooth, you have to download third-party apps on your phone. You can better follow HDMI and WiFi methods to share the screen on LG TV.
Related: How to Delete Apps on LG Smart TV
How to Screen Share using Cast Feature
The streaming apps have built-in cast support to share the streaming on the connected device. Most smart TVs have Chromecast support to connect to the smartphone with a common internet connection. Some of the apps with cast features like Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and more.
1. Connect your iPhone and LG TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Launch the Chromecast compatible app on your iPhone.
3. Tap the Cast icon from the app screen.
4. Choose your LG TV name from the list shown.
5. Now, play the content from the app and it will play on your LG TV.
Note: You can also use the Google Home app to cast content from iPhone to LG TV.
How to Screen Share on LG TV from iPhone/ Mac PC
There are a lot of streaming apps available with in-built AirPlay support. The LG Smart TV has an AirPlay feature to connect to the iPhone, iPad, and Mac PC. With the AirPlay supportive apps, you can directly cast the content to your LG TV. If the app doesn’t have AirPlay support, you can use AirPlay to screen mirror the device to the LG TV.
How to Screen Share on LG TV from PC or Laptop
You can screen share the Windows PC in two ways. They are using the Smart Share Software and the Google Chrome browser.
Screen Share from Windows PC Using Smart Share Software
1. Download and install LG Smart Share on your PC.
2. Connect your PC and LG TV under the same WiFi network.
3. Choose any one among Movie, Photo, and Music.
4. Next, tap the Settings button from the top right corner.
5. Turn on Sharing On/Off button and choose the On button.
6. Select your LG TV name and your PC screen is shared on your TV.
Using Google Chrome
The Google Chrome browser has an inbuilt cast option to connect to the TV. You can choose the screencast for a particular tab or the entire desktop.
1. Connect your Windows PC and LG TV to the same network connection.
2. Open Google Chrome and tap the three-dotted lines.
3. Choose the Cast option and select your LG Smart TV from the list.
4. From the Sources drop-down, click Cast Desktop.
5. Now, the PC screen will be mirrored on your TV and you can watch the content on the TV.
How to Share Screen on LG TV from Other Devices using USB
1. Input a data disc in the disc slot or input a USB device.
2. Take your Blu-ray remote and press the Home button.
3. Choose Smart Share and press the Enter button or Wheel button.
4. Click Movies, Photo, or Music.
5. Next, choose the file that you want to share with LG TV and press the Play button.
Now you have learned different ways to screen share on LG TV from a smartphone, tablets, PC, Mac, and other devices. The LG TV WebOS must be updated to the latest version for hassle-free streaming. In case of any queries with the above guide, then please specify them in the comments section below.
Related: How to Connect AirPods to LG Smart TV
Frequently Asked Questions
You can screen share on LG TV in different ways. To get complete details, go through the above section thoroughly.
Yes, you can screen share on LG TV with iPhone via AirPlay.
You can screen share on LG TV without WiFi using an HDMI cable.