Bluetooth enables the users to connect wireless devices to the television. Every TV has a Bluetooth feature by default. Similarly, LG smart TV also has a Bluetooth feature. You can turn on Bluetooth on your LG TV to connect with soundbars, an external speaker, or headphones. It could also enhance the movie streaming experience by bringing surround sound with your audio system.
If you are a private listener, you have the option to connect to AirPods on LG Smart TV via Bluetooth and listen to songs privately.
How to Turn on Bluetooth on your LG Smart TV
Before you enable Bluetooth on your TV, ensure whether your television is in pairing mode.
 Navigate to the Settings on your TV by clicking the gear icon on your TV remote. Alternatively, navigate to the menu and then over to the settings.
Choose the Advanced Settings option.
 Head over to the Sound menu and then select the Sound Out option.
 Click Device Selection under Bluetooth.
 The list of available Bluetooth devices will be displayed. Select the required Bluetooth Device that you would like to connect.
The selected device will be in pair with your TV. Once your devices have been paired, wait for a moment to hear the audio on your TV. You can also select the Auto Detect option in the Bluetooth to connect to the speakers automatically.
How to Activate Bluetooth Surround Sound
 Turn on the LG Smart TV and press the home button on the remote to get the menu.
 Select the All Settings in the Menu and click Sound Menu.
 Choose the Sound Out option in the Sound Menu.
 Scroll down and select the Bluetooth Surround Sound option.
 Check for the external speaker in the Connected Devices and choose the device to register.
 Select the Automatic Tuning and click Start to enable Automatic Tuning of the speaker.
Now, you can enjoy the streaming on LG Smart TV with the best audio on the Bluetooth-connected speakers. You can also connect other devices, like Bluetooth headphones to LG Smart TV, to play games on the TV.
How to Use Bluetooth Adapters on LG Smart TV
If your TV doesn’t have the Bluetooth feature, you can buy the LG’s WiFi/Bluetooth Dongle to get the Bluetooth connection. The dongle will receive and transmit Bluetooth and WiFi signals on your TV.
1. Buy the WiFi Bluetooth USB Dongle for LG TV on the LG website.
2. Using the connecting cable, connect the Bluetooth dongle and the LG Smart TV.
3. When you connect the dongle, the LED will light up.
4. On your TV, you will get the list of Bluetooth devices and WiFi connections.
5. Choose the Bluetooth device that you want to connect to.
Note: By using the dongle, you can also connect a Bluetooth keyboard to your LG Smart TV.
6. When you are done with the Bluetooth pairing, remove the dongle from the TV.
Fixes for LG TV Bluetooth Connection Issues
You can try the troubleshooting steps to fix the Bluetooth connection issues.
- Disconnect the Bluetooth device from your TV and pair it again.
- Turn off the power supply and unplug the TV cable from the socket and plug it back in after a couple of minutes and turn on the power supply.
- Make sure that the Bluetooth device is in pairing mode.
- Switch off the Bluetooth device that you’re trying to connect with your TV and turn it on before pairing it again.
- Ensure that you have turned off all the other Bluetooth devices near your TV. This is to avoid interferences.
- Stay within 30 feet of distance while connecting the Bluetooth device to your TV.
- Make sure your LG Smart TV is updated with the latest firmware.
- Ensure that the Bluetooth device you’re trying to connect to your TV is also updated to the latest firmware.
To check if your TV has a Bluetooth feature, check the specifications of the TV model. You can check in the LG TV Settings menu.
If you’re unable to connect your device to the TV, make sure if your model of TV supports Bluetooth.