Most commonly, Smart TVs don’t let you access live streaming from apps like Twitch on it. The same is the case with your Samsung TV. The Twitch app is not officially supported on your Samsung TVs. However, in the early days, Twitch was available in the Smart Hub of Samsung Smart TV, which was later removed from the platform in 2019. When you access the Twitch app, it might show some issues without showing the actual content. However, you can still access the Twitch app on your TV in other ways.
How to Stream Twitch on Samsung Smart TV
You cannot install the Twitch app on the Samsung TV due to its unavailability. But, you can access the Twitch app on your Samsung TV in different ways.
Stream Twitch on Samsung TV through Screen Mirroring
Screen Mirroring is the most affordable method to access Twitch on your Samsung TV. You don’t have to spend extra money to buy a TV box if you wish to screen mirror the smartphone.
1. Initially, ensure that both your Samsung TV and your smartphone are on the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Open the SmartThings app on your smartphone.
4. Choose your Samsung TV in the SmartThings app.
5. Next, select More Options, an icon with three vertical dots.
6. Select the Mirror Screen/Smart View option in the menu.
7. On the pop-up on your screen, tap Start Now.
8. With that, the smartphone screen on your Samsung TV.
9. Finally, open the Twitch app on your smartphone and stream it on your TV.
Using an Android TV Box
One of the easiest ways to access Twitch is by using an Android TV box. You can find Android TV boxes running on the Android operating system from different brands in the market today. Once you connect to an Android TV box, you can access different genres to watch movies, TV shows, and live TV from the Play Store. In the same way, you can download Twitch on your Samsung TV with an Android box.
How to Stream Twitch on Samsung TV using Tubio
When you are screen mirroring Twitch on your Samsung TV, the quality of the stream might get reduced. Therefore, you need to use the Tubio app to access Twitch. With Tubio, you don’t have to worry about the cost of an Android box or the loss of streaming quality.
1. Ensure that both your smartphone and your Samsung TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Launch the Tubio app on your smartphone.
4. From the bottom-right corner of the app screen, tap the TV icon.
5. Next, choose your Samsung TV from the list that appears on your screen.
6. Using the app, go to twitch.tv and play any video and stream the same on your TV.
You can access Twitch on your TV in different ways. If you are not worried about spending money, getting an Android box would be the best option. Screen mirroring Twitch and accessing it using Tubio are affordable choices to make.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you can’t install Twitch on a Samsung Smart TV as the app has been removed from the platform.
The Twitch app had issues on Smart TVs while streaming live videos. Therefore, the app was removed from Samsung TV for the same reason.
Yes, you can access Twitch on Android Smart TVs by downloading the app as apk file using the Downloader app.
You can AirPlay the Twitch app from the iPhone and view them on the Smart TV.