In general, Smart TVs won’t offer the best sound effects. For normal users, the built-in speakers in the TV are more than enough. But for frequent streamers and binge-watchers, you need external speakers and soundbars to improve the sound quality of your TV. Apart from Smart TVs, Samsung is also known for its soundbars. Samsung soundbars are compatible with all the Smart TVs as they offer multiple connecting options. With a Samsung soundbar, you get balanced and neutral audio sound. You can connect any Samsung Soundbar to any brand of TV with ease.
How to Connect Samsung Soundbar to TV
The Samsung soundbar can be connected to any TV, like Roku TV, Insignia TV, LG TV, Vizio TV, Philips TV, Sony TV, Hisense TV, and more. You can buy the Samsung soundbars from the official website. You can connect your Samsung soundbar to your TV in five different ways. Let’s look at the ways one by one.
- With Bluetooth
- With WiFi
- Using HDMI ARC Cable
- Using Optical Cable
- Using AUX Cable
How to Connect Samsung Soundbar to TV With Bluetooth
1. Press the Source button on the soundbar and set it to the BT setting.
2. The soundbar will automatically change to BT pairing in a few seconds, or it will change to BT READY if there is a connection record.
3. When you get BT READY, press and hold the Source button on the soundbar for five seconds. It will display the BT PAIRING option.
4. When the soundbar is in pairing mode, go to Settings on your TV.
5. Tap Sound and then Sound Output options.
6. Choose Bluetooth Speaker List.
7. Select your soundbar name from the list and tap Pair and Connect.
8. Now, your Samsung soundbar is successfully paired with your TV.
How to Connect Samsung Soundbar to TV Using WiFi
1. Press the Source button on the soundbar or on the remote to choose the WiFi mode.
Note: Only a selected Samsung soundbar offers the WiFi mode.
2. Connect your mobile to the same network connection where you have connected the soundbar.
3. Download the Samsung SmartThings app on your phone.
4. Launch the app and choose Add icon.
5. Tap on the Device option from the screen.
6. Then, choose AV and select the brand of your soundbar from Samsung and Samsung Harman Kardon and tap the Soundbar.
7. Click Start and choose the location and room. Your phone will search for the soundbar and connect.
8. Now, go to Settings on the TV and choose the Sound option.
9. Tap Sound Output and select the WiFi option.
10. Once connected successfully, the audio will play on your Samsung soundbar.
With these two methods, you can connect the Samsung soundbar to the TV wirelessly. If you want to connect the soundbar to the TV with a wired connection, you can pick any one method from the three mentioned below.
Related: How to Connect LG Soundbar to TV.
How to Connect Samsung Soundbar to TV Using HDMI ARC Cable
With this method, you will get the best audio quality because the digital audio signal travels in both ways.
1. Connect the HDMI cable to your TV’s HDMI IN (ARC).
2. Next, connect the HDMI OUT (TV-ARC) port of the soundbar.
3. Start the soundbar and set the Source to D.IN.
4. Restart the TV and choose the HDMI as the source.
5. Now, the audio from your TV will be heard on the soundbar.
Using the same steps, you can connect the soundbar to the TV using an HDMI cable. The main difference between HDMI and HDMI ARC is that in HDMI ARC, you will get an audio return channel that transfers audio back and forth. In HDMI, the audio will be transferred to a single channel. HDMI is recommended for optimal use. HDMI ARC is preferred for streaming movies and gaming purposes.
How to Connect Samsung Soundbar to TV Using an Optical Cable
1. Switch on the TV and your soundbar.
2. Press the Source button on the soundbar and set the soundbar to the D.IN setting.
3. Then, connect one end of the optical cable to the OPTICAL OUT port on the TV and the other end to the DIGITAL AUDIO IN (OPTICAL) port on the soundbar.
4. No, go to Settings on the TV.
5. Tap Sound and then Sound Output.
6. Choose Audio Out/Optical option.
7. Play the media content and the audio will play on your Samsung soundbar.
How to Connect your Samsung Soundbar with an AUX Cable
Using AUX cable to connect the soundbar to the TV is one of the easiest and the most traditional ways. In this way, you may not get the best sound output from the soundbar.
1. Turn on your TV and soundbar and connect one end of the audio cable to the AUX IN jack on the bottom of the soundbar.
2. Connect the other end to the AUDIO OUT jack on the external device.
3. Now, press the Source button on the soundbar and the TV’s remote.
4. Set the soundbar to AUX mode and you will be able to listen to the audio from your soundbar.
Related: How to Connect Vizio Soundbar to TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
It can be because of wrong connections, settings issues, and hardware malfunctions. Check the Bluetooth and WiFi settings on your TV for wireless connections. Check the connecting cables for wired connections.
If you are connecting the soundbar to the TV using an HDMI cable, you can use the remote to control the soundbar. For other connecting options, you have to control it using the physical buttons.