Installing YouTube TV on your Vizio Smart TV lets you stream your favorite premium channels at an affordable price. You can access nearly 100+ live TV channels on YouTube TV, like CNN, TNT, Cartoon Network, ESPN, Bravo, and more in 4K HD quality. If you are a new subscriber, you can sign up and get a free trial (5 – 21 days) to explore the content on YouTube TV.
Remember that YouTube TV is supported only on the specific models of Vizio SmartCast TVs. If your Smart TV doesn’t support the app, you can screen mirror the content or connect external devices to watch the content.
YouTube TV – Plans & Pricing
YouTube TV offers Base and Spanish Plans to users. Apart from the membership plans you can even include add-ons to your subscription. Fortunately, YouTube TV offers a 5 – 14 day free trial on every add-on.
|PLANS||MONTHLY PRICING||ACCOUNTS||SIMULTANEOUS STREAMS|
Install YouTube TV on Vizio Smart TV
1. Power on your Vizio Smart TV and set up the internet connection.
2. Press the Vizio (V) button on the remote and open the App Store on the TV.
3. Go through the apps in the categories and choose the YouTube TV app.
4. Install the YouTube TV app and launch it on the Smart TV.
Activate YouTube TV on Vizio Smart TV
1. Select Link TV with Code, after you launch YouTube TV.
2. You will get ab Activation code on the TV screen.
3. Visit the YouTube TV activation page using any browser on the PC or mobile browser.
4. Enter the Activation Code and select Continue. Sign in with the YouTube TV subscription credentials.
5. Choose the live TV channel and stream them on your Vizio Smart TV.
How to AirPlay YouTube TV on Vizio Smart TV
1. Connect your iPhone/iPad and Vizio TV to WiFi.
2. Install the YouTube TV app from the App Store.
3. Launch the app and sign in to your account.
4. Play the desired content to stream and tap the AirPlay icon.
5. Select your Vizio TV from the list of devices.
6. When the devices get connected, the content will stream on Vizio TV.
How to Cast YouTube TV on Vizio Smart TV
You can cast YouTube TV on the Smart TV (SmartCast models) from your smartphone. But before, ensure that your smartphone and Vizio TV are connected to the same WiFi connection.
1. Download and install the YouTube TV app on the smartphone from the Google Play Store.
2. Open the YouTube TV app and log in to your account.
3. Tap the Cast icon at the top to get the available devices nearby.
4. Click the Vizio Smart TV to connect.
5. Select the TV channel on the YouTube TV app.
6. Watch the live streaming on the smart TV.
How to Add YouTube TV on Older Vizio Smart TV
If you have an older model of Vizio Smart TV, you can connect external devices, like streaming devices and gaming consoles to get the app. Below we have listed the devices where you can install the YouTube TV app from the respective app store.
- Apple TV (4th Generation & 4K)
- Chromecast with Google TV
- PlayStation (PS4 / PS4 Pro / PS5)
- Xbox Series (X / S / One / One X / One S)
Fix YouTube TV Not Working on Vizio Smart TV
At times, the YouTube TV might not work properly due to various reasons. If you experience any issue, you can fix it yourselves by following the below troubleshooting methods.
1. If you have a weaker internet connection, the content won’t load. Check the internet speed, and connect your TV to the other connection.
2. Restart the YouTube TV app.
3. If the app crashes, reinstall it and try again.
5. Update Vizio TV and check if the issue is fixed.
6. Reset Vizio Smart TV to the factory settings and set up YouTube TV from scratch.
Yes. YouTube TV is compatible with only Vizio SmartCast models.