Though TV error codes are unpleasant when they appear, they are a useful tool for diagnosing problems. When the problem is identified, it is easier to determine the cause and ways to fix it. Error code 106 on the LG Smart TV is accompanied by the message “Network not connected, check the status of the network connection”. In simple words, it is the lack of connection to a WiFi access point. This error may also occur when the TV is moved to a distance where the signal does not reach. You can easily resolve the WiFi not connecting on the LG Smart TV issue. Let’s discuss the source of error code 106 in LG TV and the fixes in detail.
Reasons for Error Code 106 in LG TV
There are many reasons for error 106, and they are as follows.
1. Change in DNS Settings, or it’s because of its wrong address, internet access is not possible on the TV. In such a case, it displays the error 106.
2. If the TV’s mac address is unavailable on the whitelist of the modem/router, the TV won’t get WiFi connectivity.
3. In order to get internet access on TV, the default settings of the TV should be set correctly. For instance- Date and time, region, should be set correctly. If you don’t do this, then internet access will not be available on the TV.
4. When many devices are connected to the same network, then network congestion occurs. Whenever the network is busy, error 106 occurs.
Methods to Fix Error Code 106 in LG TV
There are many ways to fix this error code. You have to try them one after the other to get back the internet connection.
Power Cycle LG TV and Modem
Power Cycling is usually the very first step to perform if there are any issues with the TV. It is the simplest and easiest troubleshooting method to fix the problem. This process drains the residual power from the TV.
How to Power Cycle the LG Smart TV
1) Disconnect the TV’s power cord from the electrical outlet. Turn off the Modem and remove it from the power source.
2) Plug in the TV and modem/router back to the power after a few minutes.
3) Turn on the TV after the router gets to connect to the Internet.
Now, test the TV to determine if the problem still persists.
Reconnect to the Wi-Fi Connnection
If the Power Cycling process doesn’t resolve the network issues, mostly the process of reconnecting the Wi-Fi will overcome the error code 106 in LG TV. Sometimes if the Wi-Fi password is wrong, the TV can’t access the internet. In order to set the new password and connect it again.
1) Go to Settings in the TV main menu and under Settings, select Network.
2) In-Network, choose the Wi-Fi Connection. It displays the list of available networks. Select your Network from the list.
3) Under the selected network, you can find the option Forget the Network. Now reconnect the network by re-entering the password. If the TV connects to the network, then the error 106 will disappear.
Manual Set up of DNS Settings
Error code 106 will appear on your LG Smart TV when the DNS address is incorrect. Thus, the TV cannot connect to the Internet. In order to overcome this, you can manually change the DNS settings.
1) Turn on your LG Smart TV and go to the Settings on the TV with the help of remote control.
2) Under Settings, select Network. Choose Wi-Fi Connection under Network.
3) In Wi-Fi Connection, choose Advanced Settings.
4) Select the Edit option at the bottom. In order to set the address manually, uncheck the box Set automatically DNS address.
5) Finally, enter the new DNS address and save it. After changing the DNS address, check whether the TV connects to Network.
How to Change TV Settings
You can also set the date and time settings to the Current Date according to your region.
1) Turn on your LG Smart TV. Press the Home button on the remote control to go to the Setup menu on the TV.
2) Select the Date and Time Settings option from the Setup menu.
3) Under Date and Time Settings, choose Auto Settings.
Now, the date and time will be set according to your region correctly. You can also turn off the SIMPLINK on the LG Smart TV to connect to the WiFi.
Adding MAC Address on Modem/Router Whitelist
Whitelist is the list of allowed clients to access the network. A MAC address [Media Access Control Address] is a static or non-changing code that helps to identify your device on the network. If your LG TV MAC address is not available in Modem Whitelist, then your TV can’t access the network. Now, you have to add your TV MAC address to the Modem whitelist.
1) If you don’t know the MAC address of your TV, then go to
Settings>>Options>> Network>> Wi-Fi Connection>> Advanced Wi-Fi settings. You can find your TV MAC address and note it down.
2) In Router, login to the Control panel and then go to Advanced Settings.
3) Now, select Whitelist and choose to Add MAC address.
4) Enter your TV MAC address and save it. Thus, LG TV MAC address will get added to Modem Whitelist.
To conclude, most Smart TVs don’t work without having internet. However, the poor connection also leads to buffering, and it could be the cause of the destruction of your quality time. The above methods will help you to get rid of error 106 in your LG Smart TV. If an error code still appears, then the problem is with Wi-Fi. In this case, to resolve this issue, go for an ethernet connection.
Mostly Not Programmed error occurs because the connections are not fixed properly. To overcome this error, make sure that TV is plugged correctly into the wall. Also, ensure that other devices like the set-top box and all are connected properly.
The error code 137 indicates that YouTube has stopped working on LG Smart TV. It is accompanied by an error message like “No Videos are available”.
Amazon Prime error code 1060 prohibits the user from streaming or downloading the video. Low bandwidth is the reason for error code 1060.