Hotstar is the best live TV streaming app for watching Asian content. In the Hotstar app, you can watch live sports from Cricket, Premier League (Football), Formula 1, and more. You can also watch live TV channels. If you are a Sony Smart TV user, you can install the Hotstar app from the Play Store.
How to Install Hotstar on Sony Smart TV
1. First, turn on your Sony Smart TV and make sure to connect it to the internet.
2. Navigate to the Apps section.
3. Then click on the Get More Apps button or Google Play Store.
4. On the Google Play Store, click on the Search icon on the top-left corner of the screen.
5. Type Hostar and search for the application.
6. Click on the Hotstar app (If you are from India, you will find Disney + Hotstar app) from the search results.
7. On the app installation screen, click on the Install button.
8. The Hotstar app will be downloaded and installed on your Sony TV.
9. Click on the Open button to launch the application.
How to Install Hotstar on Sony Google TV
1. On your Sony Google TV, click the Search option on the top.
2. Type Hotstar or use the voice command to search for the app.
3. Select the Hotstar app from the search results.
4. Then, tap the Install button to get the Hotstar app on your Sony Google TV.
5. After the installation, tap the Install button.
6. Open the Hotstar app for the activation process.
How to Activate Hotstar on Sony Smart TV
1. Launch the Hotstar app on your Sony TV.
2. On the bottom right corner, click on the My Account option.
3. An activation code will appear on the screen.
4. On your phone or computer web browser, go to the Hotstar Activation site.
5. Login if asked and enter the activation code that appears on your Sony Smart TV.
6. Then, click the Continue button.
7. Once the verification is successful, the Hotstar app on your TV screen will refresh and start loading the contents.
How to Cast Hotstar on Sony Smart TV
1. Launch the Hotstar app on your Android or iOS device.
2. Connect your smartphone and Sony Smart TV or Chromecast device to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Tap the Cast icon at the bottom of the Hotstar app. For iOS, you need to enable AirPlay on Sony TV.
4. Select the Sony Smart TV from the list of available devices.
5. Now, play any of the shows that you want.
6. It will appear on your Sony Smart TV.
In the USA, Hotstar has two subscription plans, a monthly plan and a yearly plan. The monthly plan costs $9.99 and the yearly plan costs $99.99.
Under the Apps section, you will find the Google Play Store. In the Sony Google TV, there is no Play Store. You can use the Search function to search for the app.
For non-Android TVs, you must get external devices like Firestick and Roku to get Hotstar.
Based on the country, it varies. In Asian countries, the app is named Disney + (Plus) Hotstar. In the USA, there is a separate app for Disney Plus and Hotstar with an individual subscription.