DirecTV remote is one of the best alternative remotes to control smart TVs. It can be used to control devices like TVs, sound systems, gaming consoles, and DVD players. Using DirecTV remote, you can power on the TV and control the volume. If your LG Smart TV remote is not working, you can use the DirecTV remote to control the TV. You can also use both remotes to control an LG TV at a time. To use the DirecTV remote on LG TV, you must know how to program the DirecTV remote to LG Smart TV.
How to Program DirecTV Remote to LG TV
There are two types of DirecTV remotes available. One is a universal remote and another one is a Genie remote. Universal remote is available in two types, standard universal remote (IR compatible) and universal RF remote (RF compatible). The DirecTV Genie remote comes with an ergonomic design to make you hold the remote better. Now, let’s look at the procedure to program both DirecTV remotes to LG TV.
How to Program DirecTV Universal Remote to an LG TV
1. Press the Menu button on your DirecTV remote.
2. Go to Settings on your LG TV and choose the Remote Control option.
3. Under that, click the Program Remote option.
4. Now, select the device that you want to program. Choose your LG TV.
5. Proceed with on-screen instructions to pair DirecTV universal remote to your LG TV.
How to Program a DirecTV Genie Remote to an LG TV
You can pair DirecTV Genie remote to LG TV in two ways, using an IR/RF setup and manually.
The IR/RF Setup Method
1. Point the DirecTV Genie remote towards your HD DVR, Genie Mini, or wireless Genie Mini.
2. Press and hold the Mute and Enter buttons simultaneously until the green light flashes twice.
3. Now, you will see the display for Applying IR/RF setup on the screen.
4. Turn on the LG TV and press the Menu button on your DirecTV Genie remote.
5. Choose Settings and then Remote Control.
6. Under the option, click Program Remote.
7. Select your LG TV from the list that you want to pair.
8. Finally, follow the on-screen prompts to program your Genie remote to your LG TV.
You can reset the DirecTV remote when the remote does not work properly while connecting to the TV.
1. Place your remote towards your Genie HDR DVR, your Genie, or your Wireless Genie Mini.
2. Press and hold the Mute and Select buttons until the green light flashes two times.
3. Now, press the numbers 9, 6, and 1, and then press the Channel Up button. The button is located next to the VOL button.
4. Further, press the ENT button
5. On the pop-up that appears, choose the OK button.
6. Now, turn on your LG TV and press the Menu button on the Genie remote.
7. Choose Settings >> Remote Control >> Program Remote.
8. Now, you will see the name of your LG TV in the list.
9. Finally, follow the on-screen prompts to program your DirecTV Genie remote to your TV.
Hence, you can pair your DirecTV remote to your LG Smart TV. Once you program your DirecTV, you can power on and adjust the volume on your LG TV. The DirecTV universal remote can control up to four devices. You can reset your LG Smart TV remote whenever you face a problem with the remote.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can program the DirecTV remote to LG TV by pressing the menu button on the remote.
You can program the DirecTV Genie remote manually and using IR/RF setup method.