- Get the SBS On Demand app on your Philips Smart TV and live stream FIFA matches.
- Install: Apps → Play Store → Search → SBS On Demand → Install → Open.
- Activate: SBS On Demand app on Philips TV → Activation Code → TSN website → Enter the code → Complete the activation.
SBS On Demand is the only streaming provider that offers the FIFA World Cup 2022 live matches. On your Philips Smart TV, you can install the SBS On Demand app from the Play Store and stream FIFA matches. If you have a cable TV box connected to your Philips Smart TV, you can use the SBS cable TV channel to watch the FIFA matches.
Steps to Install SBS On Demand on Philips Smart TV
The SBS On Demand app is available only on the Philips Smart TV with Android 7.0 and above. If you use the older version, update your Philips Smart TV to its latest firmware.
1. Open Google Play Store on your Philips Android TV from the Apps section.
2. Click on the Search icon.
3. Search for the SBS On Demand app.
4. When you find the app, click on the Install button.
5. Then, tap the Open button to launch the SBS On Demand app.
For Philips Roku TVs, you can install the SBS On Demand app from the Roku Channel Store.
How to Activate SBS On Demand on Philips Smart TV
With the SBS On Demand app on your Philips Smart TV, you can’t sign in to your account. You need to link your account using the SBS On Demand activation website.
1. Open a web browser on your smartphone or PC.
2. Go to the SBS On Demand activation website (https://www.sbs.com.au/activate).
3. Now, open the SBS On Demand app on your Philips TV.
4. Note down the activation code that is displayed on the screen.
5. Then, enter the activation code on the website.
6. Click on Next after entering the code.
7. Immediately, the SBS On Demand app will be activated.
How to Watch FIFA World Cup 2022 on Philips Smart TV
Now you have installed and activated the SBS On Demand app on your Philips Smart TV, it is time to watch the FIFA matches.
1. Open SBS On Demand app on your Philips TV.
2. Click the FIFA World Cup button on the top. If you can’t find the button, click the Search Bar and search for FIFA 2022.
3. Now, you will get all the upcoming FIFA matches and highlights.
4. Choose any match and watch the FIFA World Cup 2022 on your Philips Smart TV.
How to Cast SBS On Demand to Philips Smart TV
If the SBS On Demand app is not available for Philips Smart TV, you can cast the app using your smartphone. The SBS On Demand app has the built-in Cast feature.
1. Install SBS On Demand app on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
2. Open the SBS On Demand app and log in with your account.
3. Click on the Cast icon.
4. From the list of active devices, choose your Philips Smart TV.
5. Now, play any FIFA matches on your smartphone. It will appear on your Philips Smart TV.
How to Watch FIFA World Cup 2022 on Philips Smart TV Using SBS Channel
In the cable TV box, you will get six channels from SBS. The list of channels with the channel numbers is given below.
|Channel Number 3
|Channel Number 30
|SBS VICELAND (HD)
|Channel Number 31
|Channel Number 33
|SBS World Movies (HD)
|Channel Number 32
|Channel Number 35
Among the six channels, only the SBS, SBS (HD), and SBS VICELAND (HD) offer the FIFA 2022 matches. You can tune in to these channels right at the kick-off time to live stream the matches.
How to Watch FIFA World Cup 2022 Outside Australia
If you are in the UK and still want to stream the FIFA World Cup, you need to install the ITV Hub app on your Philips TV. Likewise, based on the country, the streaming provider varies. For USA residents, you need to have the Fox Sports app. For Qatar, you can use the beIN Sports app. You can check the full list of streaming providers on the FIFA website.
Yes, you can watch FIFA 2022 highlights and replays on Tubi TV. Live streaming is not available on Tubi TV.