Samsung Smart TV brings a lot of advanced features to enhance the user experience. One such feature is Multi-View which allows you to stream two things at a time on the TV with a split screen. If you want to watch two sports events simultaneously, you can make use of the Multi View feature. Further, the feature allows you to watch content from different sources like TV, phone, streaming devices, Blu-ray players, and more. If you want to know how to set up Multi View on Samsung TV, look into this article.
How to Set up and Use Multi View on Samsung TV
You can quickly set up Multi View on Samsung TV with the help of the procedure given below. Make sure to connect your Samsung TV to the WiFi network.
1. Press the Home button on the remote and then select Multi View. If your remote has a Multi View button, you can press that directly.
2. Turn on the feature and select the Source of the content.
3. If you are choosing an external device, navigate to Source Menu >> Connection Guide and choose the device.
4. When the split screen appears, you have to set up the second screen.
5. Select the second source on the Menu.
6. To get started, check the options available.
Multi View Options
- Select Content – From this option, you can select the content to play on the left side of the screen.
- Watch Smartphone/Camera – If you want to use a smartphone or camera as a second screen, you can enable this option. You can mirror or cast content from the phone to the TV’s screen. If you have an iPhone, you can AirPlay the content. You can connect your laptop with Project to a screen feature.
- Screen Size – With this option, you can adjust the screen size on both screens as you wish.
- PIP (Picture in Picture) Position – It allows you to select the position for the small screen on the main screen. You can choose any place.
- Sound Output – From this option, you can select where you want to listen to the audio, from the main screen or small screen. If you have connected an external device, the output will change from the TV’s speaker to the device’s speaker. In case the sound output is not working, you have to check the audio device connectivity.
- Sound Distribution – If you want to listen to the audio from both screens at the same time, you can enable this option.
How to Set up Tap View on Samsung TV
You can connect a smartphone or tablet to Samsung TV using the Tap View feature. With this feature, you can tap the back of your phone to start screen mirroring. To do that, go to Settings >> Tap View and flip the toggle to turn on the Tap view.
What Devices Are Compatible with Multi View?
The Samsung TVs released in 2020 support the Multi View feature. However, the Multi View feature version differs based on the model you have.
Multi View 2.0 Supported Devices
- 2020 8K QLED TVs (Q800T, A850T, Q900TS, and Q950TS)
- 2020 4K QLED TVs (Q70T, Q7DT, Q80T, Q8DT, and Q90T)
- 2021 8K and 4L QLED TVs (QN800A, QN850A, QN900A, QN85A, QN85DA, QN90A, and QN9DA)
- 2020 The Frame Serif and Terrace (LS03T, LST7T, and LS01T)
- 2021 4K QLED TV (Q70A, Q7DA, Q80A, and Q8DA)
- 2021 The Frame TV (LS03A)
Multi View Supported Devices
- 2020 4K QLED TV (Q60T, Q60TB, and Q6DT)
- 2021 4K QLED TV (Q60A/Q6DA 32″ model excluded)
- Android phones and tablets with Android 4.2 and later with screen mirroring feature
- AirPlay 2 compatible devices such as iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Mac Book.
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920
- C922 Pro Stream Webcam
- HP Pro Webcam C920S
- C922X Pro Stream Webcam
Now you can stream two video content on Samsung TV simultaneously. Multi View is more useful when you don’t want to miss out on any video content. You can also use a different combination of sources based on the Samsung TV model you have. If you have any suggestions for the above guide, please mention them in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Multi View feature lets you stream two video content at a time on the TV.
You can press the Home button on the TV remote. Turn on the Multi View feature and then choose the options you like for multi-streaming.
Yes, all the Samsung LCD TVs offer the picture in picture mode.
You can press the Home button on the Samsung Smart TV and choose the Multi View option. Turn off the option to exit Multi View.