- You can connect external speakers and soundbars to Sony TV using wired or wireless methods.
- Bluetooth or WiFi: Enable Bluetooth and WiFi on Sony Smart TV → Settings → Display and Sounds → Bluetooth Audio or WiFi.
- Wired: Connect the cable to the speaker and Sony TV → Choose the Audio input.
Sony Smart TVs are equipped with external audio support. You can connect external audio devices like Google Pixel Buds and AirPods to Sony TV for private listening. If you want, you can also connect external speakers or soundbars to your Sony Bravia TV. Before connecting any external speaker to your Sony Bravia TV, you have to locate the audio output on your Sony Bravia LED TV.
How to Connect External Speakers to Sony Smart TV Using Bluetooth
This is the easiest way to connect speakers and soundbars to any TV. There is no cable required. Make sure that the external speaker is compatible with connecting via Bluetooth.
1. Enable Bluetooth on your Sony Smart TV and your external speaker.
2. On your Sony Bravia Home screen, click on the Settings icon.
3. Go to Display and Sounds and select Bluetooth Audio.
4. Add your external speaker to your TV and pair it.
5. Now, the audio on your Sony TV will be heard on the Bluetooth speaker.
Similarly, you can pair speakers to Sony TV using WiFi. You can buy any of the WiFi-enabled speakers or soundbars and connect them to your TV.
How to Connect External Speakers to Sony Smart TV Using RCA Cables
RCA is a type of connector that is used to transmit audio and video signals. It is a composite cable that contains red, white, and yellow cables. This cable is mostly available on most TVs and computers. Most of the AV cables are the traditional versions of RCA cables. Most of the new generation TVs do not support RCA cables. If your TV is compatible with RCA, follow this step or skip to the next one.
1. Locate the Analog Audio Output port on your Sony TV.
2. Connect one end of the RCA cables to the port.
3. Plug the other end of the RCA cable into the external speaker.
4. Press the Home Button on your Sony Bravia TV remote.
5. Go to Settings and click on Display and Sound.
6. Tap the Audio Output and select Audio Out.
7. Select your speaker and connect to it.
8. All the sound control from your Sony Smart TV will be delivered to the external speaker.
Connect Speakers Using Digital Optical Cables
A digital optical cable is used to transfer data from one device to the other device. The audio signals stay in the digital format. The digital optical output port is at the back of your TV’s panel. By connecting it, you can get better sound quality for your Sony Bravia TV.
1. Connect the cable to the digital optical port on your TV.
2. Plug the other end of the cable into the external speakers you want to pair with your TV.
3. On your Sony Bravia TV, go to Settings and click on Display and Sound.
4. Click on the Audio Output and select the Optical cable as the audio source.
How to Connect External Speakers to Sony Bravia TV Using HDMI – ARC
ARC stands for Audio Return Channel. The HDMI-ARC cable lets you use the cable both as an input and also an audio output through a single HDMI cable. In simple words, the ARC cable uses an HDMI cable to send audio from your TV to an external device. Your TV must have an HDMI port that is labeled as HDMI-ARC. With this feature, you need not have to create a separate connection from the TV to your external speaker. Just connect the speaker and TV using the HDMI cable. The audio will be transmitted.
In Sony Bravia models, the Audio output port will be available on the back side of the TV.
Audio formats like AAC, MP3, MIDI, WMA, DTS, AC3, and FLAC are supported on Sony Bravia TV.