VR is slowly entering our daily lives with the Oculus Quest 2. Oculus Quest 2 is the brand new standalone VR headset from Oculus. Oculus Quest 2 is a big update for Oculus VR and there is a lot to get excited about. It’s an all-in-one device that doesn’t need a PC and it doesn’t need to be tethered to anything. It has changed the way we watch shows and movies at home. In this article, we will show you how to cast your Oculus Quest 2 to LG TV.
How to Cast Oculus Quest 2 to LG TV Using Android Device
To cast Oculus Quest to LG TV, you need to enable Screen Share on LG TV. Make sure that both your mobile phone and the TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
1) First, press the Cable button on your LG remote.
2) This will open a menu on your screen, scroll down and select Screen Share.
3) Click on Listen Mode on the top right side of the screen and turn it to On.
4) Now, the Screen Sharing on LG TV will be enabled.
5) On your Android smartphone, go to Play Store.
6) Enter Oculus Quest 2 on the search bar. From the search results, choose Oculus Quest 2.
7) Select Install to download and install the app on your Android smartphone.
8) Once the installation is done, launch the Oculus Quest 2 app.
9) On the top right side of the screen you will see an icon shaped like a headset with WiFi waves.
10) Click on the icon and the Oculus app will ask your permission to connect to devices on your local network.
11) Select OK. In the Cast From section, choose your headset. In Cast to section, choose your LG TV. If you can’t find your LG TV, click on Tap to search for other devices to find your TV.
12) Now, select Start to start casting Oculus Quest 2 on the TV.
How to Cast Oculus Quest 2 to LG TV Using iOS Device
1) Turn on your LG TV and press the Home button on your remote.
2) On the LG Menu that appears, navigate to Home Dashboard.
3) Press the Up arrow button and go to AirPlay on the home Dashboard menu.
4) Select AirPlay & HomeKit Settings and turn On AirPlay.
5) Launch your iOS device and select App Store.
6) Click on the Search bar and enter Oculus Quest 2.
7) Choose Oculus Quest 2 from the search results.
8) Select Get to install the app on your device.
9) Wait for the installation to be over and open the app.
10) Select the Headset with WiFi waves icon.
11) If this is your first time casting from Oculus Quest, then it will ask for permissions. Click on Allow.
12) In the Cast From section, select your headset. In Cast to section, select your LG TV.
13) Click on Start at the bottom of the screen and the device will start casting Oculus Quest 2 on the TV.
How to Cast Oculus Quest 2 to LG TV Using Your Headset
1) Launch your Oculus Quest 2 headset.
2) Go to the Utilities Panel on the right side of the screen and select Cast to by using the controller.
3) On the pop-up menu that appears, select your TV and click on Next.
4) If you see a notification saying that the Headset casting started then it means Oculus Quest has started casting to LG TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can cast Oculus Quest 2 to LG TV using your Android device, iOS device, and headset.
Yes, you can use the LG Screen Share app or the AirPlay feature to cast on LG Smart TV.