Star Network is one of the top TV broadcasting services that features more than 60 channels in India. Hotstar is a streaming service that features all the Star Network movies and TV shows in India, the USA, Canada, and Singapore. Along with Start Network shows it also features Disney, HBO, and Showtime channel programs. It offers three different tiers of services namely Free, VIP and Premium. Luckily, the Hotstar app is available for the LG Smart TV in the Content Store. You can install the Hotstar app on your LG Smart TV from the Content Store.
Hotstar on LG Smart TV
Hotstar app is available on the LG Content Store. So you can install the app on your LG Smart TV and start streaming the contents. The app is compatible with LG TVs that run based on WebOS 3.0 and Later.
1. Turn on your LG Smart TV and connect it to the internet.
2. Go to the home screen on your LG Smart TV by pressing the home button on the remote.
3. Navigate to the LG Content Store.
4. Click on the Search icon on the top-left corner of the screen.
5. With the help of the on-screen keyboard, type Hotstar. In India, you will have to search for Disney + Hotstar.
6. Select the Hotstar app from the search results.
7. Click on the Install button. Now the app will be downloaded and installed on your TV.
8. Once the app is been installed, you can find it on the home screen.
Activate Hotstar on LG Smart TV
1. From the LG Smart TV home screen, click on the Hotstar app to launch it.
2. Now click on the My Account option on the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. You will find an activation code on the TV screen
4. From your phone or computer browser, go to the Hotstar Activation site.
5. Log in to your account.
6. Enter the activation code shown on the TV screen and click Continue.
7. After successful verification, the app on your TV will refresh and start loading the contents.
Related: Peacock TV on LG Smart TV
If you are not planning to install, then you can screen mirror your Android and iPhone screen to your TV.
Screen Mirror Android Smartphone
1. Turn your LG Smart TV on and connect it to the internet.
2. Now click on the Screen Share option on the home screen.
3. Ensure to connect your LG Smart TV and smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
4. Install and log in to the Hotstar application from Play Store.
5. Pull down the notification bar and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose LG Smart TV from the list of available devices.
7. Launch the Hotstar app and start streaming.
Screen Mirror iOS
1. Install the Hotstar app on your iPhone from the App Store.
2. Launch the app and start playing any video.
3. Ensure to connect your LG Smart TV and your iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network.
4. Pull down the Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring option.
5. Choose your LG Smart TV. On a successful connection, the content will now be streamed on your TV.
The above are the different ways to stream Hotstar on your LG Smart TV. With Hotstar, you can stream your favorite Star Network channels along with live sports events as well. If you have any doubts, ask us in the comment section below.