Today, we have a lot of live TV options like Hulu, Sling TV, fuboTV, and Philo. All of them have different subscription plans with live TV channels. However, you might feel that these are a bit costly and hard to afford. You need to think about adding Plex on TCL Smart TV. Plex is a free and ad-based streaming service with both live TV as well as on-demand titles. This ultimate entertainment channel has around 200 live TV channels as well as 20,000 on-demand titles.
Plex has content for everyone in your family. This is because it streams news, sports, entertainment, travel, kid’s, and movie channels. Popular live channels on Plex include Euronews, Newsmax TV, ESTV, Law & Crime, MAV TV, Kidoodle TV, Nosey, and Cooking Panda.
Plex Subscription Plans
There is no need for a Plex subscription to access the Plex library on your TV. However, Plex has three subscription tiers called Plex Pass. This subscription adds additional features to the Plex app.
- Monthly Plex Subscription: $4.99
- Annual Plex Subscription: $39.99
- Lifetime Plex Subscription: $149.99.
Add Plex on TCL Smart TV
TCL Smart TVs come with either a Roku TV OS or an Android TV OS. Let’s learn how to add and stream the Plex app on both of these OSes.
How to Install Plex on TCL Roku TV
1. Turn on your TCL Roku TV and connect to your internet connection.
2. Select the Streaming Channels option from the home screen.
3. Next, click on the Search Channels option.
4. Using the virtual keyboard, type in Plex and choose the same from the suggestions.
5. Click on Add Channels to download the Plex app.
6. Wait for the download to finish and click on Go To Channel to launch Plex.
7. Note down the Plex Activation Code that appears on the screen.
8. Visit the Plex Activation site.
9. Type in the Plex Activation code in the respective box and click on Link.
10. Start streaming the Plex video content on your Smart TV.
Related: How to Install Plex on Sony Smart TV.
How to Add Plex on TCL Android TV
1. Turn on your TCL Android TV and connect to the internet connection.
2. From the home screen, launch the Google Play Store.
3. Select the Search icon on your screen.
4. Type in Plex on the search bar.
5. Select the Plex app from the search results and then click on Install.
6. Wait for the download process to come to an end.
7. Launch the Plex app as the download completes.
8. Click on the Sign In option on the Plex app.
9. Note down the Plex Activation Code on your screen.
10. From your PC or smartphone, visit the Plex Activation site.
11. Type in the Activation code in the provided box and then click on Link.
12. This activates the Plex account on your TV and links your account.
13. The app asks if you like to Sign Up for Plex Pass. If you want to Sign Up with a Pass, go through the payment procedures. If not, simply click on Not Now.
14. Start streaming Plex on your TCL Android TV.
Now, we have discussed three different methods to access Plex on your TCL Smart TV. Get unlimited entertainment with the mind-blowing live TV channels and on-demand content on the Plex app. Also, get additional features with a Plex Pass subscription. If you have any doubts about the Plex app, let us know in the comments.