Philips is a popular Smart TV brand with the best picture quality and features. Just like other smart TVs, Philips Smart TV comes with major and minor issues. One such issue might be a Philips Smart TV that won’t turn on at all. When you come across such a situation, you might feel that there is not a lot that you can do. However, the following section is a compilation of simple yet useful troubleshooting tips for you.
Philips TV Won’t Turn On Issues
- The Philip Smart TV turns off on its own and won’t turn on.
- A Philips Smart TV on Standby mode with a blank screen.
- When you try turning the TV on, the power light won’t turn on and the Philips LED TV remains turned off.
- Philips TV won’t turn on, just clicks.
- Philips TV won’t turn on or off with the remote.
Philips TV Won’t Turn On: Causes
Philips Smart TV might not turn on because of a software issue or a hardware issue. One of the most common reasons might be an improper software update. It might be because; a new software update on your Philips Smart TV was done in a faulty manner. So, let’s start discussing possible troubleshooting tips to fix these issues.
Philips TV Won’t Turn On: Fixes
- Check the Power Supply
- Connect to a New Power Source
- Power Cycle your TV
- Check the Remote
- Hardware Issues
- External Devices
Check the Power Supply
If you can’t turn on your Philips Smart TV, the first thing you need to do is check the power supply. Check if you have properly plugged in the power source. If there is no mistake with plugging in, check your voltage supply. You need a PSU standby output of at least 5V. Also, make sure that your power plug and power cable are not damaged.
Connect to a New Power Source
You can try connecting your Philips Smart TV to another power source. If your Philips Smart TV turns on, then you can be sure that the issue was with the power source. If it doesn’t turn on, the issue might be with your TV or your remote.
Power Recycle on the Philips Smart TV
1. Remove the Philips Smart TV’s power cord from the power source.
2. Keep the power cord removed for at least a minute.
3. Now, long-press the Power button on your Philips Smart TV for 10-15 seconds.
4. Then, plug back the power plug into the power source.
Check the Remote
Make sure that the Philips TV remote is working fine. If the Power button on the remote is damaged, or it ran out of battery, the Philips TV remote may not be working properly. Try resetting the remote.
1. Remove the batteries from your remote and long-press the Power button on the remote for 15 seconds.
2. Then, put the batteries on your remote.
3. You can check if you can turn on your TV with the remote now.
If you want, by using the smartphone, you can turn on Philips Smart TV without the remote.
Remove All External Devices
If you have connected any external device to your Philips Smart TV, you need to disconnect them. This is because any external device on the Philips Smart TV might come up with issues on your TV. After disconnecting these external devices, do a power cycle on them.
Related: How to Restart Philips Smart TV.
The following hardware issues might be causing issues on your Philips Smart TV.
- The fuse has blown off: Replace the fuse
- Bad Capacitors
- Bad PSU board
- Defective motherboard, mainboard, and power board.
You can’t fix these by yourself so contact the Philips Help Center.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unplug the TV from the power source and keep it idle for a few minutes. Then, try again.
If your Philips TV won’t turn on, check your power source and your remote. Perform a power cycle on your TV and reset your remote.
On your remote, press the MENU button > FEATURES > CHILD LOCK > turn it OFF.