- You can easily reset your Insignia Fire TV remote within a few minutes.
- Basic Edition: Using the Home/Menu buttons on the remote
- First Generation: Using the Left and Menu buttons.
- Second Generation: Using the Left, Menu, and Back buttons
Sometimes, your Fire TV remote may not work as you expected. The remote may not work due to weaken batteries, minor technical bugs, and more. In this scenario, you can reset your Fire TV remote (Insignia & Toshiba) to fix the issue and use it back normally. Although, the steps to your Fire TV vary depending on the remote models (Generations).
How to Reset Insignia Fire TV Remote: Basic Edition
1. Grab your Fire TV remote and press Home for a few seconds.
2. Simultaneously, press Menu (3 times).
3. Release your finger from both buttons.
4. Press Menu (9 times) on the Fire TV remote again.
5. Unplug the power cable from your Insignia Fire TV and take out the batteries from the remote.
6. Insert the batteries back into your remote and plug the cable into Fire TV.
7. Power on your TV and press Home (40 seconds) when you see the Home screen on your Fire TV.
8. Pair the remote with your Fire TV, and use the remote to control the functions.
How to Reset Insignia Fire TV Remote: First Generation
1. Unplug the power cable from your Insignia Fire TV and wait for a minute.
2. Simultaneously, press the Left and Menu buttons on your Fire TV remote for a few seconds.
3. Release your finger from the buttons and wait (Max 5 seconds).
4. Plug the cable back into your Insignia Fire TV and leave it for a minute.
5. Take out the batteries from your remote and put them back after a while.
6. Now, check whether the First Generation (Alexa) Fire TV remote is working fine.
How to Reset Insignia Fire TV Remote: Second Generation
1. Unplug the cable from your Insignia Fire TV and grab your remote.
2. Press the Menu, Back, and Left buttons simultaneously (Max 15 seconds).
3. Release your fingers from the remote and let it rest for 5 seconds.
4. Take out the batteries from your remote and plug the power cable back into your Fire TV.
5. Your Fire TV will restart automatically.
6. Once the Fire TV restarts, insert the batteries into your remote and check whether you can control your Insignia Fire TV.