Resetting your TV will help you fix bugs on the device and help fix minor issues on it. The same is the case with an Emerson TV. If you reset your Emerson TV, you can fix minor bugs on it. You can reset your device when you come across minor issues on your TV. You can perform both a soft reset and factory rest on your TV. Keep on reading the following section to find out how to reset your device in different ways.
Why Should I Reset an Emerson TV
You need to reset your TV for the following reasons.
- When the Emerson TV is overheating
- If the app screen freezes
- For your TV to operate smoothly
Soft Reset on Emerson TV
When you perform a soft reset on your TV, it will restart your TV that isn’t responding. Follow these instructions carefully to soft reset your TV.
1. Remove the power cord of your Emerson TV from the power source.
2. Keep the power plug removed from the power source for 60 seconds.
Note: It would be better if you could keep the power plug removed from the power source for more time.
3. During the time, long-press the Power button on the TV for 30 seconds.
4. Re-connect the power plug back to the power source after the necessary timer is over.
How to Hard Reset on Emerson TV Without Remote
You can also factory reset the Emerson TV without the need for a remote. This can be done using the button on the Emerson TV.
1. Turn off your Emerson TV.
2. Press and hold both the CH+ button and the CH- button on your TV.
3. Press the Power button on your TV and release the same.
4. Release the hold on both the CH+ and CH- buttons.
Related: How to Factory Reset RCA TV
Hard Reset Using Advanced Settings Without Remote
1. Press the CH- button and the VOL- button on your device.
2. Launch the Service Main Menu by pressing the Menu button on your TV.
3. You can scroll to Settings using the VOL+ and VOL- buttons.
4. Select the Advanced Settings option and then the Factory Reset option.
5. Turn off your TV to exit.
Related: How to Reset Sceptre TV to Factory Settings
Factory Reset on Emerson TV
1. Make sure that your TV is turned on after the soft reset before performing the factory reset.
2. Press the Menu button on your Emerson TV remote.
3. From the menu, select the Setup option.
4. Click Reset Default and your TV will turn off and then turn on.
5. You can see the initial setup screen on your TV.
Reset TV Using the TV Buttons
1. Turn off the power of your Emerson TV.
2. Press and hold the Menu button on your TV and then select the STANDBY-ON button.
3. The TV will turn on and display the Emerson TV Service menu.
4. Using the volume buttons on your TV, select Settings.
5. Next, select Advanced Settings and then select Factory Reset.
Related: How to Reset Hitachi TV
Frequently Asked Questions
Press the Menu button on your remote > Setup >Reset Default > Your TV will turn off and then turn on.
You can soft reset your Emerson TV without a remote as follows. Remove the power cord of your Emerson TV from the power source and keep it the same for 60 seconds. Also, press and hold the Power button on your TV for 30 seconds. Re-connect the power plug back to the power source.