Hotstar is a streaming service that features TV shows and movies from Star Network channels. The app lets you stream Disney, HBO, and Showtime contents with a proper subscription plan. It offers three levels of services: Free, VIP and Premium. You can install Hotstar on various streaming devices and smart TVs. If you are a Vizio Smart TV user, then you can install a few selected applications only. Hotstar is not available on Vizio Smart TV. But you can stream the content on the TV as Vizio Smart TVs come with a built-in Chromecast.
How to Watch Hotstar on Vizio Smart TV?
As Hotstar isn’t available for Vizio Smart TV, all you have to do is to cast the contents from the Hotstar mobile application. You can also screen mirror your Android or iOS smartphone and stream your favorites as well.
How to Cast Hotstar to Vizio Smart TV?
1. Connect your Vizio Smart TV and smartphone to the same WiFi network.
2. Make sure that your Android phone runs on Android 4.4 or higher and your iOS runs on iOS 8.0 or higher.
4. Now open the Hostar app on your mobile phone.
5. Play any of the videos which you would like to stream on your TV.
6. Tap the Cast icon on the top-right corner of the screen. The cast icon will appear only when both the devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
6. Select the Vizio Smart TV to which you want to stream from the list of available Vizio TVs on your home network.
7. The contents will now be streamed on your TV.
You can now control the video with the help of your smartphone. This is one of the best ways to stream your favorites on the big screen with the help of an in-built Chromecast.
Hotstar on Vizio Smart TV using AirPlay 2
Vizio SmartCast TVs support AirPlay 2 and receive contents from iPhone or iPad as well. You can use this method as an alternative if you are an iPhone user.
1. Install Hostar on your iOS device.
2. Connect your Vizio Smart TV and your smartphone to the same WiFi network.
3. Pull down the Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring option.
4. Select your Vizio SmartCast TV from the list of available devices.
5. On a successful connection to the TV you can launch the Hotstar app and start streaming the contents.
Related: Hotstar on Hisense Smart TV
The above are the two different ways to stream Hotstar on your TV. As Vizio Smart TV has only limited apps, you have to wait until they add Hotstar officially. Until then, screen mirroring and casting will be the best choice to watch your favorites.