- The Hotstar app is not available on Vizio Smart TV.
- Using Android: Launch Hotstar→ Notification Center → Cast → Vizio TV.
- Using iPhone: Launch Hotstar→ Control Center → Screen Mirroring → Vizio TV.
- Using Windows PC: Go to Hotstar Website→ Chrome Menu → Cast → Vizio TV.
Hotstar is a streaming service that features TV shows and movies from Star Network channels. The app lets you stream Disney, HBO, and Showtime content with a proper subscription plan. It offers three levels of services: Free, VIP and Premium. You can install Hotstar on various streaming devices and smart TVs. If you are a Vizio Smart TV user, then you can install a few selected applications only. Hotstar is not available on Vizio Smart TV. But you can stream the content on the TV as Vizio Smart TVs come with a built-in Chromecast.
How to Watch Hotstar on Vizio Smart TV?
As Hotstar isn’t available for Vizio Smart TV, all you have to do is to cast the contents from the Hotstar mobile application. You can also screen mirror your Android, iOS device, or PC to TV and stream your favorites.
How to Cast Hotstar to Vizio Smart TV
With the inbuilt cast option, you can cast the Hotstar app to Vizio easily.
1. Connect your smartphone and Vizio Smart TV with the same WiFi connection.
2. Make sure that your Android phone runs on Android 4.4 or higher, and your iOS runs on iOS 8.0 or higher.
3. Install the Hotstar mobile app from the App Store or Play Store on your iOS or Android smartphones respectively.
4. Now open the Hostar app on your mobile phone and sign in with your account information.
5. Play any videos you would like to stream on your TV.
6. Tap the Cast icon on the top-right corner of the screen. The cast icon will appear only when both devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
6. Select the Vizio Smart TV to which you want to stream from the list of available Vizio TVs on your home network.
7. The contents will now be streamed on your TV.
You can now control the video with the help of your smartphone. This is one of the best ways to stream your favorites on the big screen with the help of an in-built Chromecast.
How to Hotstar on Vizio Smart TV using AirPlay 2
Vizio SmartCast TVs support AirPlay 2 and receive content from iPhones or iPad as well. You can use this method as an alternative if you are an iPhone user.
1. Install Hostar on your iOS device.
2. Connect your Vizio Smart TV and your smartphone to the same WiFi network.
3. Pull down the Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring option.
4. Select your Vizio SmartCast TV from the list of available devices.
5. On a successful connection to the TV, you can launch the Hotstar app and start streaming the content.
How to Cast Hotstar to Vizio from PC
You can easily cast Hotstar to Vizio Smart TV using Chrome browser on PC.
1. Connect your Vizio Smart TV and PC to the same WiFi network.
2. Open Chrome browser on your PC.
3. Visit the Hostar official webpage [https://www.hotstar.com/in].
4. Click the Login option on the top corner of the page.
5. Enter your mobile number and verify the code to log in.
6. Click Chrome Menu and click on the Cast option.
7. Choose your Vizio Smart TV from the result.
8. Click Sources and select the Cast Tab option.
9. Select any content, and it will be displayed on your TV.
Hotstar Compatible TV Models
- Android TV
- Fire TV
- Apple TV
- LG Smart TV
- Samsung Smart TV
The above are the three different ways to stream Hotstar on your TV. As Vizio Smart TV has only limited apps, you have to wait until they officially add Hotstar. Until then, screen mirroring and casting will be the best choice to watch your favorites.
You can stream Hotstar outside India using a VPN.