Sony is a premium television manufacturers. They offer various models of smart TVs. You can install various applications and start streaming your favorite content. HBO launched a streaming service called HBO Max that features all HBO Movies, TV shows, original series, and various other on-demand videos. At $14.99/month you can watch various movies and TV shows. Luckily, if you own a Sony smart TV, you can install the HBO Max on your TV and stream your favorites.
HBO Max on Sony Smart TV
Sony Smart TVs run on Android OS. Therefore, you can easily find and install the HBO Max app on Sony Smart TV from the Google Play Store.
Install HBO Max app from Play Store
1. Make sure to update the Sony Smart TV firmware to the latest version.
2. From the home screen, navigate to the Play Store. (You can also go to the Apps section from the Home Screen and choose the Get More Apps option to enter the Play Store).
3. Hover to the search bar on the Play Store page and type HBO Max.
4. Select the app from the search results.
5. You will land on the App Info page. Click on the Install button.
6. The app will be downloaded and installed on your Sony Smart TV.
After downloading, you have to activate the app to stream your favorite content on the Sony Smart TV.
How to Activate HBO Max for Sony Smart TV?
1. Launch the app and click on the Subscribe Now on the welcome screen.
2. You will find a screen with an activation code on the TV.
3. Go to the HBO Max activation site from your smartphone or computer.
4. Now enter the activation code you see on the TV and click Next.
5. If you are already a subscriber, then sign-in to your account. If you don’t have an existing account, then sign up for one.
6. Once the activation is successful, the app on Sony TV will refresh and load contents.
You can also subscribe to the HBO Max while installing the app from the Play Store via the Play Store itself.
Related: HBO Max on Samsung Smart TV
Alternatively, you can also cast HBO Max content to your TV. As Sony Smart TV is one of the TVs that comes with a built-in Chromecast and HBO Max is a compatible cast application, you can easily cast the content instead of installing it.
1. Install the HBO Max app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
2. Open the app and log in to your account.
3. Ensure to connect the Sony smart TV and your smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
4. You will find the cast icon on the app home screen. Tap the Cast icon you see on the screen.
5. Select the Sony Smart TV from the list of available devices.
6. Now the selected content will be streamed on your TV.
This is an alternative way to stream HBO Max on your Sony TV. If you are a regular user of HBO Max, then it is better to install and activate it on your TV. If you are using it occasionally, then you can use the built-in Chromecast option.
By using any one of these methods, stream the Snyder Cut on your Sony Smart TV. Buy the HBO Max subscription and watch Zack Snyder’s Justice League movie right from your home. Keep a reminder to watch the Snyder Cut on 18th March 2021.