Sony is a recognized brand that produces Smart TVs with the best video and audio streaming quality. The Sony Smart TV doesn’t have frequent issues in it. However, you can’t completely say that the device will never show up with issues. For instance, one of the most common issues with your Sony TV is that it won’t turn on. However, when your TV doesn’t turn on, it might not be because of the issues on the TV. It might be the result of the use of power cables on your TV that has damage. Therefore, let’s find out the possible fixes for this issue.
Sony TV Won’t Turn On: Causes
The reason for the Sony TV not turning on might be one of the following.
- The power cable is not connected properly to the power source and the TV.
- A System Error on your TV.
- The power cable of your Sony TV is damaged.
- Sony TV ongoing software update.
- The remote of your TV is not working.
Sony TV Won’t Turn On: Fixes
If the Sony TV doesn’t turn on, then you need to try the following troubleshooting tips to fix it.
Check Your Cables
If the power cable on your TV has been damaged, your TV might not work properly. Therefore, start by inspecting your cables for any damage. If necessary, you need to replace the power cable with new ones without any damage. Next, check if the power source is working by connecting other devices to it. If you wish to turn on your TV immediately, connect it to a new power source. When you connect the devices to the power source, you need to connect the cables tightly.
Check Your Remote
If you are trying to turn on your TV with a remote when the TV remote is not working, you can’t turn it on. Therefore, check if the batteries on your remote are drained. If necessary, you need to replace the batteries on your remote. Finally, check if your Sony TV turns on.
Power Reset Sony Smart TV
You can perform a soft power restart on your Sony TV as follows.
1. Initially, unplug your Sony Smart TV from the power source.
2. Keep the Smart TV unplugged from the power source for a couple of minutes.
3. Once again, plug in the Sony TV to the power source.
4. Finally, try to turn on the Sony Smart TV.
Wrong Input Setting
Sony TVs have different HDMI inputs on the physical device. Therefore, it can be the reason for the Sony TV not turning on. To be more specific, you need to check the Input on your TV if you can’t turn it on.
1. Press the Input button on your remote.
2. Choose the right TV input from the list.
3. If you don’t know the right input source, you can test all the inputs following the above instructions.
Check for A System Error
If there is a system error in the internal mechanism of your TV, the Sony TV might not turn on at all. You can ensure that there is a system error if the LED light on your TV blinks eight times in red color. This blinking will continue in loops until you disconnect it from the power. To fix this issue, you need to perform a power reset by pressing the power button for two whole minutes.
Overheating of Sony TV
Sony TV might not turn on if it is overheating. If the device is overheating, you can see that the LED on your TV blinks in red eight times. You can fix it as follows.
1. Initially, disconnect the Sony TV and clear the dust from your TV using compressed air can or nozzle.
2. Next, turn your TV around and use the air can on all the visible air vents on your Sony TV.
3. Keep on using the air can until all the dust is removed from the TV.
4. Finally, fix your TV in the initial place, connect it to the power source, and turn it on.
Firmware Update In-Progress
If a firmware update is in progress on your Sony TV, it won’t turn on. However, the LED light on the device will blink with an orange color. If there is an Orange color light on the TV, you need to wait for the software update to complete. Also, make sure that you don’t turn off your Sony TV during the update so that you can prevent unnecessary malfunctions that might arise on it later.
Energy Saving Switch Is Off
You can see an Energy switch on your TV’s panel. If the energy switch is turned off, it means that the power consumption on the Sony TV is reduced. Therefore, you need to check if the energy switch is turned off or not. If so, you need simply turn it on.
If the Sony TV doesn’t turn on, you need to try all the fixes that are mentioned in the above section. One of the main reasons for the issue might be the TV not turning on. If none of the above fixes was of help, you need to check if there is any damage to your TV. Kindly share your feedback and issues for the above procedure in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your Sony TV doesn’t turn, check the power cable on your TV and the Sony TV remote.
You can perform a power reset on your Sony TV that won’t turn on. Unplug the TV from the power source for a couple of minutes. Plugin the Sony TV into the power source and turn it on.
Your Sony TV might be unresponsive because of an improperly connected or damaged power cable, ongoing software update, or damaged remote.