Sling TV is one of the best and the cheapest streaming service provider that features various live TVs, movies, and TV shows. It offers 200+ channels and 80000+ on-demand videos under three different subscription packages. The bundle of entertainment is available for various platforms like Android, iOS, etc. Likewise, the channel is also available on smart TVs that run on Android or Roku OS. You can also install Sling TV on Philips TV in one way or the other and this guide will help you with the procedures and steps.
Sling TV on Philips TV
Most of the Philips TVs run based on Android or Roku-based OS and Sling TV is available on all such platforms. On Android-based TVs, you can install the app from the Play Store and as far as Roku TVs are concerned you can install the app from Roku Channel Store.
But before going for the installation make sure to subscribe to the Sling TV firsthand. It offers the following three different subscription options.
- Blue – ($35/month for 50 channels)
- Orange – ($35/month for 30 channels)
- Combined Blue and Orange – ($50/month)
How to Install Sling TV on Philips Android TV?
1. Turn on your Philips Android TV and connect it to the internet.
2. From the Philips TV home screen, navigate to the Apps Section.
3. Go to the Play Store app and open it.
4. Click on the Search icon on the top-left corner of the screen.
5. Type Sling TV in the search field and search for the app.
6. Select the Sling TV app from the list of search results.
7. Click on the Install button on the app information screen.
The Sling TV app will be downloaded and installed on your Philip Android TV. After installing, you have to activate your account to stream various channels on your TV.
How to Install Sling TV on Philips Roku TV?
1. Launch the Philips Roku TV.
2.From the Roku TV, click on the Streaming Channels option.
3. Now choose the Search Channels option.
4. Type Sling TV with the help of the on-screen keyboard and search for the app.
5. Select the Sling TV app from the search results.
6. Click on the Add Channels button.
Now the Sling TV app will be downloaded and added to your Roku TV.
Activate the App
Once the app is been installed you need to activate your Philips TV with your Sling TV account in order to stream the contents.
1. Launch the Sling TV app.
2. The following screen will display an activation code.
3. On your PC or smartphone browser, go to sling.com/activate.
4. Enter the code on the provided text field and click Continue.
5. Sign in with your Sling TV account.
6. Now the Sling TV app on your TV will refresh and start loading the contents.
After activating Sling TV, you can now stream live channels based on your subscription plans. You can use your Philips TV remote or the Philips TV remote app to control the app.
These are the way to install the Sling TV on your smart TVs. You can also cast the Sling TV to the Philips NetTV or Chromecast in-built TVs using the below apps:
- Screen Mirroring
With Sling TV, you can stream live TV channels on your smart TV. It will be the better replacement of cable and satellite TVs. Your Philips TV will remain an entertainment hub with the availability of Sling TV in it.