- Get the SBS On Demand app on your Sony Smart TV and watch the FIFA World Cup matches.
- Install: Home → Apps → Play Store → Search → SBS On Demand → Install → Open.
- Cast: SBS On Demand app on Smartphone → Cast icon → Sony Smart TV.
SBS On Demand platform offers on-demand content along with live sports events. The streaming rights for FIFA World Cup 2022 were acquired by SBS. With that, you can use the SBS On Demand app on your Sony Smart TV to watch all the FIFA World Cup matches. The SBS On Demand app is officially available on the Play Store for all the models of Sony Smart TV.
How to Install SBS On Demand App on Sony Smart TV
Before getting into the steps, make sure that your Sony Smart TV is updated with the latest Android TV firmware. In the older version, the SBS On Demand app won’t work properly.
1. Open Google Play Store on your Sony TV from the Apps section.
2. Click on the Search icon and search for the SBS On Demand app.
3. Pickup the app from the search result.
4. Hit the Install button to get the app on your Sony TV.
5. Launch the SBS On Demand app by tapping the Open button.
How to Activate SBS On Demand on Sony Smart TV
The SBS On Demand app on your Sony Smart TV doesn’t offer the Sign In feature. You have to activate the app using your smartphone or PC.
1. Open a web browser on your smartphone or PC.
2. Visit the SBS On Demand activation website (https://www.sbs.com.au/activate)
3. Open the SBS On Demand app on Sony TV.
4. You can see an activation code displayed.
5. Enter the activation code on the SBS website.
6. Click on Next after entering the activation code.
7. Instantly, SBS On Demand app will be activated on your TV.
8. Now, go to the Sports section and access the FIFA live matches on your Sony TV.
SBS On Demand Not Compatible Sony Smart TV Models
In the older models of Sony Smart TV, the SBS On Demand app is not available in the Play Store. The unsupported models are listed below.
|KD-55X8504A AU5 ||KDL-42W670A AU5||KDL55W800A/ZAU5 ||KDL-42W800B AZ1 |
|KD-65X8504A AU5 ||KDL-32W670A AU5 ||KDL47W800A/ZAU5 ||KDL-55W800B AZ1 |
|KD-55X9004A AU5 ||KDL-50W670A AU5 ||KD-65X8500B AZ1 ||KDL-32W700B AZ1 |
|KD-65X9004A AU5 ||KDL-32W600A AU5 ||KD-55X8500B AZ1 ||KDL-60W850B AZ1 |
|KDL-55W900A AU5 ||KDL-65W850A AU5 ||KD-70X8500B AZ1 ||KDL-70W850B AZ1 |
|KDL-46W900A AU5 ||KDL-48W700C||KD-49X8500B AZ1 ||KDL50W700B/SAZ1 |
|KDL-50W700A AU5 ||KDL42W800A/ZAU5 ||KDL-50W800B AZ1 ||KD-65X9000B AZ1 |
|KD-55X9000B AZ1 ||KD-79X9000B AZ1 ||KDL-60W600B AZ1 ||KDL-48W600B AZ1 |
|KDL-40W600B AZ1 ||KDL-55W950B AZ1 ||KD-85X9500B AZ1 |
Check your Sony Smart TV model number with the list. If you own any of these models, you can’t install the SBS app. You need to cast the app from your smartphone.
How to Cast SBS On Demand App to Sony Smart TV
The SBS On Demand app is compatible with the Cast feature. With that, you can easily cast the app from your Android smartphone.
1. Install the SBS On Demand app on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
2. Open the SBS On Demand app and sign in with the required details.
3. Click on the Cast icon. The Cast icon is available at the top-right corner of the screen.
4. After clicking that, you can see a menu with the list of active devices.
5. Choose your Sony TV from that list.
6. Now, go to the Live section and cast the FIFA matches on your Sony Smart TV.
FIFA 2022 Match Full Schedule
|MATCH||DATE||TIME (AEDT)||CHANNEL NAME|
|Qatar vs. Ecuador||November 21||03:00 PM||SBS|
|England vs. Iran||November 22||12:00 AM||SBS|
|Senegal vs. Netherlands||November 22||03:00 PM||SBS|
|USA v.s Wales||November 22||06:00 AM||SBS|
|Argentina vs. Saudi Arabia||November 22||09:00 PM||SBS|
|Denmark vs. Tunisia||November 23||12:00 AM||SBS|
|Mexico vs. Poland||November 23||03:00 PM||SBS|
|Morocco vs. Croatia||November 23||09:00 PM||SBS|
|Germany vs. Japan||November 24||12:00 AM||SBS|
|Spain vs. Costa Rica||November 24||03:00 PM||SBS|
|Belgium vs. Canada||November 24||06:00 PM||SBS|
|Switzerland vs. Cameroon||November 24||09:00 PM||SBS|
|Uruguay vs. South Korea||November 25||12:00 AM||SBS|
|Portugal vs. Ghana||November 25||03:00 PM||SBS|
|Brazil vs. Serbia||November 25||06:00 AM||SBS|
|Wales vs. Iran||November 25||09:00 PM||SBS|
|Qatar vs. Senegal||November 26||12:00 AM||SBS|
|Netherlands vs. Ecuador||November 26||03:00 PM||SBS|
|England vs. USA||November 26||06:00 AM||SBS|
|Poland vs. Saudi Arabia||November 27||12:00 AM||SBS|
|France vs. Denmark||November 27||03:00 PM||SBS|
|Argentina vs. Mexico||November 27||06:00 AM||SBS|
|Japan vs. Costa Rica||November 27||09:00 PM||SBS|
|Belgium vs. Morocco||November 28||12:00 AM||SBS|
|Croatia vs. Canada||November 28||03:00 PM||SBS|
|Spain vs. Germany||November 28||06:00 PM||SBS|
|Cameroon vs. Serbia||November 28||09:00 PM||SBS|
|South Korea vs. Ghana||November 29||12:00 AM||SBS|
|Brazil vs. Switzerland||November 29||03:00 PM||SBS|
|Portugal vs. Uruguay||November 29||06:00 AM||SBS|
|Netherlands vs. Qatar||November 30||02:00 AM||SBS|
|Ecuador vs. Senegal||November 30||02:00 AM||SBS VICELAND (HD)|
|Wales vs. England||November 30||06:00 AM||SBS|
|Iran vs. USA||November 30||06:00 AM||SBS VICELAND (HD)|
|Tunisia vs. France||December 1||02:00 AM||SBS VICELAND (HD)|
|Poland vs. Argentina||December||06:00 AM||SBS|
|Saudi Arabia vs. Mexico||December 1||06:00 AM||SBS VICELAND (HD)|
|Croatia vs. Belgium||December 2||02:00 AM||SBS|
|Canada vs. Morocco||December 2||02:00 AM||SBS VICELAND (HD)|
|Japan vs. Spain||December 2||06:00 AM||SBS|
|Costa Rica vs. Germany||December 2||06:00 AM||SBS VICELAND (HD)|
|South Korea vs. Portugal||December 3||02:00 AM||SBS|
|Ghana vs. Uruguay||December 3||02:00 AM||SBS VICELAND (HD)|
|Cameroon vs. Brazil||December 3||06:00 AM||SBS|
|Serbia vs. Switzerland||December 3||06:00 AM||SBS VICELAND (HD)|
FIFA World Cup 2022 Knockout Schedule
Australia was slotted in Group D. By beating Tunisia and Denmark in the group matches, Australia advanced to the knockout stages. But, in the Round of 16, there were knocked out by Argentina. You can check the full schedule on the FIFA website.
|Netherlands vs. United States||Round of 16||December 3||3-1|
|Argentina vs. Australia||Round of 16||December 4||2-1|
|France vs. Poland||Round of 16||December 4||3-1|
|England vs. Senegal||Round of 16||December 5||3-0|
|Japan vs. Croatia||Round of 16||December 5||1-1 (Croatia wins 3-1 on penalties)|
|Brazil vs. Korea Republic||Round of 16||December 6||4-1|
|Morocco vs. Spain||Round of 16||December 6||0-0 (Morocco wins 3-0 on penalties)|
|Portugal vs. Switzerland||Round of 16||December 7||6-1|
|Croatia vs. Brazil||Quarter-Finals||December 9||TBD|
|Netherlands vs. Argentina||Quarter-Finals||December 10||TBD|
|Morocco vs. Portugal||Quarter-Finals||December 10||TBD|
|England vs. France||Quarter-Finals||December 11||TBD|
|TBD||Third Place Playoff||December 17||TBD|
In Qatar, you can use the beIN Sports platform to stream FIFA live matches.