Today, we have a lot of live TV streaming services like YouTube TV, Sling TV, and fuboTV. They come with a variety of plans and DVR space to record shows. However, some people indeed find the subscription to these live TV options a bit pricey. If that is the case with you, you can add Philo to your Sony Smart TV. This is because Philo has a very affordable plan and streams your favorite channels. Philo streams around 64 different channels in total. Additionally, Philo gives you access to on-demand titles that stream in 1080p.
People might feel that we have to compromise a lot on the TV channels as the Philo subscription charges are less. However, it might not be true, Philo has most of your favorite channels. For instance, Philo streams live TV channels including Discovery Channel, TLC, Comedy Central, and more.
- Philo has one single plan that costs you $25 per month a seven-day free trial.
- It gives you access to 64 live TV channels.
How to Watch Philo on Sony Smart TV
 Turn on your Sony Smart TV and then connect it to your internet.
 Choose the Apps tab and then launch the Google Play Store.
 Click on the Search icon on your screen.
 Search for the Philo app.
 Choose the Philo app from the search suggestions on your TV.
 Click on the Install button.
 After the download, launch the Philo app on your Sony TV.
 Sign In to your Philo account.
 Start streaming your favorite content from the Philo app.
Related: How to Stream Philo on Sharp Smart TV.
How to Cast Philo on Sony Smart TV
1. Connect both your Android smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the Philo app on your Android smartphone and signin with the credentials.
3. From the top-right of the screen, click on the Cast icon.
4. You will be shown the list of available devices on your screen. Choose on your Sony Smart TV.
5. Within a few minutes, the Philo app gets cast on your Android TV.
6. Play any channel or on-demand content from Philo and watch it on your TV.
With either of the above-mentioned methods, you can access Philo on your Sony Smart TV. You will really be amazed by the channel lineup on Philo as it has most of your favorite channels. However, Philo might not be the right choice for sports fans as it doesn’t offer sports. If you have any issues while streaming the Philo app, let us know in the comments.