MAC (Media Access Control) address is an identification number given to a device by the manufacturer. It is used in all smart devices for network authentication and is stored in the device’s hardware. The address is a combination of numbers and alphabets and they are arranged in six pairs, divided by a colon. MAC address is available on smart TVs as well. If you want to know the MAC address of your Samsung Smart TV, have a look at the below section.
To connect your Samsung Smart TV to another device, you must know the MAC address. In the MAC address first three numbers give you the information about the vendor and the last three numbers give you the information about the card.
How to Find Wireless MAC Address for Samsung Smart TV
1. First, press the Home button on your Samsung TV remote.
2. Navigate to the main menu and select Network from the TV menu.
3. Choose Network Settings and tap on the Network Status.
4. Select Wireless from the connection type.
5. Then, connect to your wireless network.
6. Now, you can see the Wireless MAC Address of your Samsung TV.
How to Find Wired MAC Address on Samsung Smart TV
1. Press the Menu button and choose the Network option.
2. Tap Network Settings and click the Wired option.
3. Choose the Network Test option and press Enter.
4. Now, you can see the Wired MAC Address.
Note: The wireless MAC Address and wired MAC Address are not the same.
Alternate Method to Find Mac Address
1. Choose Network from the TV menu.
2. Select Network Status.
3. Then, move to the Support option.
4. Now, tap Contact Samsung.
5. Next, hold down the Product Information key to see the WiFi MAC Address.
How to Fix Invalid MAC Address on Samsung TVs
On the Samsung Community page, a lot of users are complaining that their Samsung TV is displaying the “Invalid MAC Address, call Samsung support” message. If you get any of these messages, follow the below solutions.
- Restart your Samsung TV
- Clear Cache on Samsung TV
- Check the WiFi connection
- Reset your Samsung Smart TV
- Contact the Samsung support team
How to Change the MAC Address on Samsung Smart TV
1. On your Samsung TV, go to Settings and get into Network Settings.
2. Choose the IP Settings and select the DNS Settings.
3. Tap Enter Manually and enter 184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11.
4. Tap OK to save the changes.
This is how you have to find and change the MAC Address on Samsung TVs. Samsung Smart TVs can have more than one MAC Address because it has many NICs (Network Interface Controller). In case your device does not have a NIC, then you cannot find a MAC Address.
Frequently Asked Questions
Go to Network >> Network Settings >> Wireless >> choose the WiFi network and you will find the MAC Address.
The MAC Address on Samsung Smart TVs is a physical address that allows identifying the TV on a given network.
Navigate to Menu >> Support >> Contact Samsung and you will find the model number of your Samsung TV.