- Sony Smart TV comes with Android TV OS and Google TV OS.
- Sony Android TV: Play Store → Hulu → Install.
- Sony Google TV: Apps → Search for Apps → Hulu → Install.
- Cast: Hulu app on smartphone → Cast icon → Sony Smart TV.
Sony Smart TV and Hulu streaming platform are not the best pair in the tech industry. You will have a lot of restrictions and limitations in the Hulu app for Sony Smart TVs. In some models of Sony Android TV, you can’t stream live TV channels from the Hulu app. Only the Classic Hulu app is available. In Sony Google TV, you can get both live TV and on-demand content from the Hulu app.
Hulu on Sony Smart TV
Hulu has two different apps for Sony Smart TV. The Classic Hulu app and the Hulu app. In the Classic Hulu app, you will get only the on-demand content even though you have a live TV subscription. In the normal Hulu app, you can access all the live TV channels and on-demand content. The Classic Hulu app is available for Sony TV models that are manufactured before 2018. For 2018 and above models, you can install the normal Hulu app.
How to Install Hulu on Sony Android TV
In some models of Sony TV, the Hulu app will be pre-installed with it. To open the pre-installed Hulu app, go to the Apps section and find the Hulu app. If the app is not pre-installed on your TV, you have to install the Hulu app.
1. Press the Home button on your TV Remote.
2. Open the Apps section and tap the Google Play Store icon.
3. Hover over to the Search icon on the top-left corner and search for the Hulu app.
4. Select the Hulu app from the list of available apps.
5. Click on the Install button on the app info screen.
How to Install Hulu on Sony Google TV
1. On your Sony Google TV home screen, tap the Apps option.
2. Now, click the Search for Apps button.
3. Type Hulu and search for the app.
4. Select the Hulu app and tap the Install button.
5. Now, the Hulu app will be installed on your Sony Google TV.
How to Activate Hulu on Sony Smart TV
After installing the Hulu app, you must activate your account to stream live and on-demand content.
1. Launch the Hulu app on your Sony Android or Google TV.
2. You will find the activation code on your TV screen.
3. Open a web browser on your PC or smartphone and go to the Hulu Activation Site.
4. Log in to your account and enter the activation code shown on the TV.
5. Click on the Activate button.
6. Your TV screen will now refresh and start showing the content on the screen. You can now choose your favorites and start streaming on your Sony Smart TV.
Note: For the latest version of the Hulu app, you can directly sign in to your account without activation.
How to Cast Hulu on Sony Smart TV
Both the Sony Android TV and Sony Google TV come with a built-in Chromecast feature. With that, you can cast the Hulu app from your smartphone.
2. Connect your smartphone and Sony Smart TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the Hulu app. Tap the Cast icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
4. Choose your Sony Android TV or Sony Google TV from the list of available devices.
5. Then, play any video content from the Hulu app. It will appear on your Sony TV.
Hulu Not Working on Sony Smart TV | Fixes
The following troubleshooting techniques will help if you face any errors or issues with the Hulu app on your Sony Smart TV.
- Update the Hulu App – Go to Play Store and choose the Hulu app under the My Apps category. Click on the Update option to update the app on your Sony TV.
- Clear the Caches – If you have any sound issues on the Hulu app, you can clear the cache files on Sony TV.
- Restart your Sony Smart TV to fix the minor bugs.
- Update Sony Smart TV: Press and hold the home button, choose the help option on the top-right corner > Settings > Set up or Product Support or Customer support > Software Update and click Yes to update the Sony TV to its latest firmware.
- If nothing helps, you must factory reset your Sony Smart TV. Go to Settings > Storage and Reset > Restore Factory Settings > Erase All Data. Choose Confirm and Yes.
With the Hulu app on your smart TV, you can watch live TVs, on-demand videos, movies, and much more. It is one of the best entertaining apps that will give you hours of content to watch.
To install apps on Sony Smart TV without Google Play Store, you have to sideload the app using Downloader. But, sideloading apps on Smart TV will affect the TV’s firmware.
The older models of Sony TV run on Linux OS. In those models, you don’t have the Play Store.