We are using remotes to control everything in our daily life. In the case of Smart TVs, the remote play a vital role. If your Sony Bravia TV remote is not working, you have to reset the remote. Eventhough you can access your Sony Bravia TV with the physical buttons, it is not as easy as using the TV remote. Over a period of time, some of the buttons on the remote won’t work properly. In that case, resetting the TV remote will fix the issue.
There is no hard reset option available on the Sony TV remote control. You have to soft reset the remote.
Steps to Soft Reset Sony Bravia TV Remote
1. Grab your Sony Bravia TV remote control.
2. Access the battery compartment and remove all the batteries.
3. Hold the Power button on the remote for more than five seconds. This will remove all the residual power from the remote.
4. If the batteries are too old, you can change the batteries. While inserting the batteries, ensure that you are inserting the batteries with proper + and - symbols.
5. After inserting the new batteries, you may be asked to pair the remote to your Sony TV.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the pairing.
7. Then, press all the buttons on the remote to check if it is working or not.
8. If the remote is not working, you have to reset the Sony Smart TV to fix the issue.
Tips for Using Sony Smart TV Remote
- Check that no buttons are stuck on your Sony Bravia TV remote.
- Avoid obstacles that distract the signal between your Sony Bravia TV and your remote.
- Don’t use rechargeable batteries on the remote. These batteries are not recommended for Sony Bravia TVs.
How to Reset Sony Bravia TV Remote: Old Models
1. Press the Power Button, TV/Video Button, and Volume Decrease Button simultaneously for more than five seconds.
2. Now, the remote will be reset.
3. After the reset, pair the remote to your Sony Smart TV and use it without any issues.
In some models of Sony remote, you will have the Reset button on the battery compartment. You can tap and hold the Reset button to reset the remote.