The Wii console from Nintendo is different from traditional video game controls. This is because it uses motions to control the game action on your LG TV. Therefore, if you are into gaming on your TV, you can connect Nintendo Wii to it. There is more than just one way to connect Wii to your TV. In the following section, find out how to connect Wii to LG Smart TV using RCA Inputs, HDMI Converter, S-Video Cables, SCART Connector, and Component Cable.
How to Connect Wii to LG Smart TV
Let’s find out different ways to set up Wii on your LG Smart TV.
Using RCA Inputs
Follow these instructions to connect Wii using RCA cables.
1. Initially, bring the Nintendo Wii console near your LG TV.
2. Connect the Power Cable to the DC input on the game system and the power cord on the wall outlet.
3. Next, connect the AV multi-out cable to the AV output of your console.
4. Connect the RCA plugs on AV-1 (behind your TV) and AV-2 (side of your TV) inputs on your TV.
5. Connect the yellow RCA plug in the Video port, the red plug in the Audio R port, and the white plug in the Audio L port.
6. Also, place the sensor bar of the Wii console on the top of your TV or under it where you have space.
7. Connect the sensor bar cable to the Wii console and the sensor bar near the AV multi-out port.
How to Connect Wii Using an HDMI Converter
You can make use of the HDMI converter to connect Wii to your TV.
1. Initially, keep the Nintendo Wii console near your LG Smart TV.
2. Connect the RCA cable plugs into the HDMI cable converter.
3. Connect the HDMI cable to the converter and route it to the HDMI ports on your TV.
4. Place the Wii console sensor bar on the top or near your TV.
5. Connect the sensor bar connector cable to the Wii console.
6. Plug it into the sensor bar input on your Wii next to the AV multi-out port.
Using Default TV Cables
The Nintendo Wii comes with AV cables that you can use to establish a connection with your TV.
1. Connect one end of the cable to the Wii console and the other end to RCA TV inputs.
2. Turn on your Wii console.
3. Using the TV/Video button of your remote, access the console.
How to Connect Wii Using S-Video Cables
Another way to connect Wii to LG TV is using the S-Video cables. You can connect the red and white audio cables to your LG TV. Also, you can connect the S-Video cable to your TV. You can find the ports to connect these cables behind your TV. Once the connection is established, turn on your TV and the Wii console. Then, you can use your remote control to find the signal from Wii.
Using a SCART Connector
If you don’t have sufficient ports on your LG TV, you can use a SCART Connector to establish a connection. This is because SCART can be expanded and supports splitters. Also, it supports multiple connections with switched hubs similar to the USB hub. To make this connection, you need to get an RCA to SCART adapter, which you might have received with your Wii. Connect the RCA cable red, white, and yellow plugs to your TV and switch the input mode. Finally, you can view the SCART input on your LG TV. Similarly, you can also connect Wii to the Samsung smart TV.
How to Connect Wii Using Component Cable
Component cables are one of the affordable methods to connect your Wii to your TV. You can use this cable to connect to input ports (Two for audio and three for video) on your device. You can connect these cables to color-matching ports. There are also cases when you need to connect the cables according to the labels. When it comes to audio, the right is red and the left is white. At the same time for the video, green is Y, blue is Pb/Cb, and red is Pr/Cr.
To get the correct screen format, follow these instructions.
1. Initially, open the Settings menu on your TV.
2. Choose the Wii Settings option and then the Screen option.
3. Change the LG TV Resolution setting to EDTV or HDTV.
4. Change the Widescreen Settings to Widescreen 16:9.
5. Finally, select Confirm to finish.
You can use any of the different cables mentioned in the above section to connect Wii to your TV. The maximum quality resolution that this connection supports is 480p. Therefore, you can play old games on your TV with Wii. Also, find out how to enable Game Mode on LG Smart TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can connect your old Wii to a new Smart TV using a different cable setup.
You can hook up an old Wii to a new TV using RCA Inputs and HDMI Converter.
Yes, it is easy to connect Wii to an LG TV using different cables.