Undoubtfully, Samsung Smart TV is one of the best Smart TVs with a perfect display and user-friendly interface. You can install plenty of streaming apps and games on Samsung TV from Smart Hub Store. Samsung TV is also the best option for playing games. Most of us have the habit of watching media content on our phones and laptops. Sometimes you might think of watching media content on a bigger screen from your phones and laptops. If you have Samsung TV, you can connect your laptop easily to the TV to stream your favorite media content on the big screen.
How to Connect Laptop to Samsung TV
You can connect your laptop to a Samsung Smart TV wirelessly as well as using a wired connection. The below section covers the detailed procedure for both ways.
How to Connect Laptop to Samsung TV Wirelessly
Wireless connection always gives us a wire-free connection. You can connect your laptop to a TV wirelessly in three ways.
Use Samsung Smart View App to Connect Laptop to Samsung TV
Through the Samsung Smart View app, you can access all types of media content from your laptop to Samsung TV-like images, pictures, music, and videos.
1. Download and install Samsung View App on your laptop.
2. Ensure that you have connected your laptop and Samsung TV under the same network connection.
3. Now, launch the Samsung View app on your laptop and click on the Connect to TV option.
4. Choose your Samsung TV name from the list of available devices.
5. Next, enter the PIN that is displayed on your TV and click on the OK button.
6. Select the + Add content button to import the files to add content for streaming.
7. Finally, click the Play button and the content will be played on your Samsung Smart TV.
Related: How to Adjust Brightness on Samsung Smart TV
Using Samsung Smart Hub Store
The next method that you can use to connect the laptop to Samsung TV is, using Samsung Hub Store. With this app, you can share content from a laptop to Samsung TV. Further, you can also use All Share Application on the notebook to turn your laptop into a DLNA host. You can even browse content through Samsung Smart Hub on the TV.
Set Up Laptop
1. Connect your laptop and Samsung Smart Hub under the same internet connection.
2. Swipe in from the left and select Search. Provide Windows Media Player in the search bar and choose the Windows Media Player app.
3. Select Turn on media streaming from the stream menu and tap the Turn on Media Streaming button.
4. Then, choose your Samsung Smart TV from the list of devices to connect.
5. Check the box to grant Smart Hub access to your files and to share content from your laptop.
6. Make use of the File Explorer app to find content in your laptop’s libraries.
7. Select a library and right-click on it and then choose New and Shortcut.
8. Further, move the folder with the Content Sharing.
9. Finally, tap Finish to share the content and if you don’t want the shortcut, you can delete it from the library.
Set Up Samsung Smart Hub
1. Turn on the TV and press the Menu on the TV remote to select Network.
2. Choose AllShare Settings and click Content Sharing.
3. Select your laptop name from the list and allow permission to play media on your smart TV.
4. Press the Smart Hub button and choose Photos, Videos & Music from the top section.
5. Select the media type and identify your laptop from the list of networked devices.
6. Select and play the video that you want to watch on your Samsung TV.
Related: How to Delete Apps on Samsung Smart TV
How to Connect Laptop to Samsung TV Using Chromecast Device
Another best method is using a Chromecast device. It lets you cast media content from your laptop to Samsung TV.
1. Connect and set up your Chromecast device to your TV.
2. Ensure that you have enabled the latest version of the Google Chrome browser on your laptop.
3. Launch Google Chrome on your laptop and tap the three-dot menu at the top right corner.
4. Choose the Cast option and select your Chromecast device name from the list.
5. From the Sources drop-down, select the Cast tab or the Cast desktop option.
6. Now, play any content and watch it on your Samsung TV.
Related: How to Turn Off Voice on Samsung Smart TV
How to Connect Laptop to Samsung TV with Cable
To connect the laptop to Samsung TV with a cable, you must have a VGA cable or HDMI cable. You also should check for the common connections on both devices. The below-given image will show you the common ports on Samsung LED, LCD, and Plasma TVs. You can use HDMI cable, AUX cable, and VGA cable to connect your laptop.
Note: If you use a VGA cable, it will only share the content. To share audio, you must use AUX cable. Using an HDMI cable will transmit both audio and video signals to the TV.
1. First, turn off your Samsung TV and laptop.
2. Connect the HDMI cable or VGA cable to the respective port on your TV.
3. Now, turn on the TV and choose the Input using the remote. If the TV is connected to an HDMI cable, choose HDMI, or if the TV is connected to a VGA cable, choose PC.
4. Now, the laptop screen will appear on your TV.
5. Press and hold the Video Function key on the keyboard while holding press the Fn key on the keyboard.
6. You will get four options on all the laptops.
- Laptop only
- External Display Only
- Clone Display (Laptop + External Display)
- External Display (Display will be extended to the TV)
7. You can choose the output method that you want to use.
Related: How to change HDMI settings on Samsung TV.
How to Connect Apple Mac to Samsung Smart TV
If you have an Apple Mac, you can connect it to your TV via AirPlay.
1. Connect your Mac and Samsung TV under the same network connection.
2. Launch the AirPlay-compatible app on your laptop or go to the website from where you want to stream the video.
3. Tap the Screen Mirroring icon from the video playback controls.
4. Choose your Samsung TV and play the content. It will play on your selected TV.
5. To disconnect, choose the Screen Mirroring icon and then tap Turn AirPlay Off.
Hence, These are the possible methods that you can use to connect your laptop to Samsung Smart TV. You can select the method which is easy for you to connect. You can use these methods for all types of laptops, such as HP, Dell, Apple, Asus, Lenovo, Mac, and more. If you have any problems with the above steps, please mention them in the comments section.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use a Chromecast device to connect Samsung TV with your laptop wirelessly.
If your TV doesn’t have an HDMI port, you can use the Samsung Smart View app to connect the laptop to Samsung TV.
First, enable Bluetooth on your laptop as well as Samsung TV. From your PC, choose your Samsung TV, which you have enabled Bluetooth. Then, both devices will be connected.