Crunchyroll is the ultimate destination for anime fans on any device. Apart from anime, it has the coolest collection of dramas and mangas. It has all episodes of popular animes that you can binge-watch on any device you wish. Also, the app has content in different languages. This includes English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, and Arabic. So, every single anime fan can access their favorite animes with much ease. In this section, we shall learn how to add and stream Crunchyroll on Sony Smart TV.
There are a lot of genres for the animes in Crunchyroll. This includes action, adventure, drama, romance, fantasy, comedy, historical, and much more. Also, the library is well categorized so that you can easily find any show you like from it. Additionally, you can read manga and watch Asian dramas on the Crunchyroll app.
Crunchyroll Subscription plans
Crunchyroll is completely free to download and stream. Also, it has three paid subscription plans if you like an ad-free experience. All the paid plans come with a 14-day free trial.
- Fan Plan: This $7.99 per month plan gives you access to all mangas in the library with new episodes on the same day as it hits TV in Japan.
- Mega Fan: This $9.99 per month plan has all features of the fan plan along with additional features. Also, get discounts in the Crunchyroll Anime Merchandise store.
- Ultimate fan: This $14.99 per month plan gives you more merchandise discounts. Also, get the Annual swag bag and exclusive figurines.
Add Crunchyroll on Sony Smart TV
Crunchyroll has an Android TV application that you can download from the Play Store of your Smart TV.
How to Install Crunchyroll on Sony Smart TV
1. First, click on the Apps tab on your home screen.
2. Further, click on the Search icon.
3. On the search bar, type down Crunchyroll and search for the same.
4. When the search results appear, click on the Crunchyroll app.
5. To download the app, click on the Install button.
6. Wait till the download finishes.
7. Launch the Crunchyroll app and follow the on-screen prompts to sign in.
8. Start streaming your favorite shows from the Crunchyroll app on your TV.
Related: How to Stream Adult Swim on Sony Smart TV.
How to Cast Crunchyroll on Sony Android TV
If you don’t want to add the Crunchyroll app, you can choose to cast it on your TV. For that, you need to have the latest version of Crunchyroll on your device.
1. Connect both your Sony Smart TV as well as your casting device to the same WiFi.
2. On your Android smartphone, install Crunchyroll from the Play Store.
3. Launch the Crunchyroll app and then sign in to your account.
4. Click on the Cast icon.
5. Browse through the Crunchyroll app library and choose the video to play.
6. Enjoy watching the Crunchyroll video on your TV.
Now, you know two ways to stream your favorite animes on your Sony Smart TV with Crunchyroll. So, there is no way that you will miss your favorite animes anymore. Above all, Crunchyroll is a free service and you can get additional features with premium plans. If you have any issues with the Crunchyroll app, let us know in the comments.