YouTube TV is available on TCL Smart TV and you can install it directly on your TV. YouTube TV is a premium streaming service offering 85+ live TV channels, including local and regional programs. TCL TV runs on three different operating systems: Roku, Android, and Google TV. YouTube TV is available on both Roku Channel Store and Play Store.
YouTube TV offers unlimited cloud DVR storage for recording live TV shows, and the recorded content will be available for 9 months. You can stream YouTube TV on 3 devices simultaneously and create 6 profiles for personalized streaming.
Features of YouTube TV
- It allows access to all premium channels and on-demand content.
- It has a multiview option and picture-in-picture mode for sports content for mobile devices.
- It has voice control that makes it easy to navigate through the contents.
- Also, it provides unlimited cloud DVR support that records the content for 9 months.
- You can create up to 6 profiles and stream 3 devices simultaneously.
YouTube TV Subscription
YouTube TV has only one subscription plan, and the price of the subscription plan is $72.99 per month. It provides a free trial for two weeks and it may vary according to the promotional period. The add-ons available on YouTube TV are HBO Max, SHOWTIME, NFL Red Zone, and 19 more.
How to Stream YouTube TV on TCL Smart TV
As mentioned, TCL Smart TV runs on three operating systems: Roku, Android, and Google TV.
How to Install YouTube TV on TCL Roku TV
(1). Turn on the TCL Roku TV and press the home button on your remote.
(2). Scroll down and click Streaming Channels in the menu.
(3). Select Search Channels in the Roku Channel Store.
(4). Search for YouTube TV and select from the list below.
(5). Click Add Channel to install YouTube TV on Roku.
(6). Tap OK in the prompt and select Go to Channel to open the YouTube TV on your TCL Roku TV.
(7). Go to the Settings and select Link TV with Code.
(8). It displays an activation code on the TV screen and visits the YouTube TV Activation website using any browser.
(9). Type the code and select Next. Log in with your YouTube TV credentials.
(10). Choose the TV channel on YouTube TV and watch the live streaming.
How to Get YouTube TV on TCL Android TV
(1). Power On the TCL Android TV and connect to the internet.
(2). Click Apps and select Play Store to open.
(3). Tap the Search icon from the Play Store.
(4). Type YouTube TV in the search and choose it from the options.
(5). Select Install to download the app from the Play Store.
(6). Click Open to launch YouTube TV on TCL Smart TV.
(7). Move to Settings and click Link TV with code to get the activation code.
(8). Go to the YouTube TV Activation site using a smartphone or PC.
(9). Enter the Activation Code and click Next.
(10). Sign in to your YouTube TV account and stream live TV channels.
How to Get YouTube TV on TCL Google TV
(1) Switch On the TCL Google TV and connect it to a stable network.
(2) Go to the home screen and click on the Search icon.
(3) Enter YouTube TV in the search field and find it.
(4) Select the required application from the list.
(5) Tap on the Install button to start the installation process.
(6) After the installation, launch the application on your TV.
(7) Complete the activation process similar to the TCL Android TV.
(8) Thus, you can stream your favorite content on TCL Google TV.
How to Cast YouTube TV on TCL Smart TV?
You can easily cast the YouTube TV on the TCL Smart TV with in-built Chromecast support. But, it only applies to some of the TCL TVs with Android TV OS. If you use TCL Roku TV, you must connect an external Chromecast device to cast the YouTube TV.
(1) Connect your smartphone and TCL Smart TV to the same WIFI connection.
(2) Install the YouTube TV app from the Play Store and launch the application.
(3) Complete the sign-in process using the login credentials.
(4) Tap on the Cast icon at the top-right of the player.
(5) Select the TCL Smart TV from the list of devices.
(6) Play your favorite content from the list of content.
(7) Now, you can stream the YouTube TV content on your TV.
How to Fix YouTube TV Not Working Issue on TCL Smart TV
Some of the TCL Smart TV users are reporting that the YouTube TV app is not working and getting the loading screen. If you are facing the same issues, try the following fixes.
- Close the YouTube TV app and try again later.
- Restart the TCL Smart TV and try again.
- Uninstall and reinstall the YouTube TV application.
- Update the YouTube TV app from the Google Play Store or Roku Channel Store.
- Update your TCL Smart TV to the latest version.
- Contact YouTube TV support and resolve the issue.
- If you can’t fix it with the above steps, reset the TCL TV to get back the initial settings.
YouTube TV is a great streaming service for complete entertainment packages like News, Sports, Movies, and TV Shows. The TV guide helps in knowing about the favorite show timings and looking at today’s TV channel schedule. Tell us about your streaming experience in the comments section.
You can get the YouTube TV on the TCL Roku TV from the Channel Store.
Yes, the YouTube TV app is compatible with some Smart TVs. You can check the full list of supported devices here.