Do you know that you can access the secret service menu on your LG Smart TV? Yes, you can get the secret menu on most of the LG Smart TV models. The secret menu is an engineering mode from which you can get hidden functions.
Usually, the service menu is hidden because the menu functions may cause problems on your TV or even damage the TV. So, you have to be careful while using the secret menu on LG TV.
Secret Menu on LG Smart TV
Based on the remote control that you use, the procedure is different to access the hidden menu on the LG TV. Let’s look at the procedure in detail.
Access the Secret Menu on LG TV Using Original Remote
1. On your LG TV, change the input source to TV and select any one of the channels. (You can also use other input modes).
2. Press and hold the Menu button on the remote and the LG TV Menu button on the TV panel. Based on your TV model, you have to replace the Menu button with the Home, Settings, or OK button on the remote.
3. Now, release the buttons once the menu appears on the TV screen.
4. Enter the password code 0000. If the code doesn’t work, you can try 7777, 0413, 8743, 8878, or 8741.
5. When you enter the correct password, you will be able to access the secret service menu and you can make the changes as you like.
Access the LG Hidden Menu Using Magic Remote
1. Press the Green button with three dots on the TV continuously to display the resolutions overlay information.
2. Now, press the Mute button three times to display a quick information menu.
3. Move the cursor over Program Tuning and press the 1 num key on the remote five times to open the Stats menu.
4. Now, go to the channel tuning and press the 1 button five times to open HDMI diagnostic menu.
Get the Secret Menu with Service Remote
The service remote is made for technicians who can set up TVs in commercial environments. You can easily get the remote from e-commerce websites.
1. Turn on your LG Smart TV and press the IN START button on the remote.
2. Enter 0413 and the service menu will appear immediately.
3. Now, you can adjust HDMI settings, change your region, and change other features.
Note: Before changing the settings, take a photo of your current settings and that will help you to restore the settings if something goes wrong.
Using Installer Menu
If you want to access the secret menu of a commercial LG TV, you can use the installer remote. If you have non-commercial TV, you can use the original LG remote or a service remote.
1. On the Installer remote, press and hold the Menu or Settings buttons for 5 to 7 seconds.
2. When you get TV information on the screen, release the button.
3. Type 1105 on the remote and press the Enter button on the remote. If the code is not working, you can try 9876 or 2663.
4. Now, you will get the installation menu with LG Hotel Mode, USB Cloning, and Password Change options.
How to Use the LG Secret Service Menu
With the secret service menu on LG TV, you can access network settings, factory reset your LG TV, and even run a diagnostic on the TV.
To Factory Reset on LG Service Menu
1. Go to the service menu on the TV and tap the Public Display Settings option.
2. Scroll down and select the Factory Reset option.
3. Press the OK button and proceed with the on-screen instructions to factory reset the TV.
To Change the Network Settings
1. Go to the service menu with your original LG remote.
2. Navigate to IP Control Set Up and make the changes you want.
If you are using a magic remote, you can access the hidden network with the steps given below.
1. Open the Standard Settings menu on your TV.
2. Tap Network Settings and press OK.
3. Enter the code 82888 on your remote to launch the hidden IP Control Setup options.
That’s all about finding a secret menu on LG TV. With the secret menu, you can also solve software failures. As said earlier, make sure to press the buttons in the correct sequence to avoid problems.
By accessing the secret menu on LG TV, you can get advanced settings.
Check our detailed guide on how to reset LG Smart TV in different ways.