If you power up your brand new LG Smart TV, you will find that the TV is in the same mode as you saw it in the retail shop. This mode is called Demo mode, which literally means it shows demos of all the features available on the TV for the customers. But after setting up the TV in your home, there is no need for the TV to be still in the demo mode. So, the first you need to do is to turn off the demo mode on LG TV.
Different Types of Modes on LG TV
Home Mode: This is the normal mode where you can watch your TV regularly. It cuts more than 25% of the power compared to Demo or store mode.
Demo Mode: Demo mode is often called Retail Demo mode or Store Mode. The retailers use this mode to display the different functions and features of the TV. This mode is mostly used for checking or trying out device features.
Related: How to Enable Game Mode on LG TV.
How to Disable Demo Mode on LG Netcast TV
Quick Guide: Click the Settings button on the remote –> Click on Option –> Choose Mode Settings –> Select Home mode.
1. On your remote, press the Settings or Menu button.
2. Navigate to Options and select Mode Setting.
3. Here, select Home Mode.
How to Turn Off Demo Mode on LG TVs [webOS]
Quick Guide: Click the Home button –> Tap on Settings –> Click All Settings –> Choose the General option –> Click Home/Store Mode option –> Select Home Mode.
1. Launch your LG TV and select the Home button.
2. Select the Settings icon on the top right corner of the screen.
3. Click on All Settings at the bottom right side.
4. Now select General and click on Home/Store Mode.
5. Select Home Mode.
How to Turn Off Demo mode Without Remote
1. First, locate the Home or Menu button on the back or at the sides of your TV.
2. Press and hold the button for about 20 seconds.
3. This will turn off your Demo mode. For verification, wait for the message saying Demo Mode: Off.
Go to Settings and choose the Home mode option to disable the Store Demo mode.
Store Mode is used to display all the available features on your LG TV.