- You can program any of the universal remotes to Sony TV.
- Program DirecTV Remote: Menu → Settings → Remote Control → Program Remote → Sony TV → Enter Remote code.
DirecTV remote is one of the best universal remotes for Smart TVs. You can program the DirecTV remote to Vizio TV, Samsung TV, and more. For Sony TV, you can program the DirecTV remote to any OS like Google TV OS, Android TV OS, and Fire TV OS. Using the DirecTV remote, you can control your TV’s entire settings menu and customization options.
How to Program DirecTV Universal Remote to Sony Bravia TV
The DirecTV Remote is like the other normal remotes we use on Smart TVs. In the DirecTV remote, you have the option to program the remote to other TVs using the remote codes. By using the Sony Smart TV remote codes, you can program the DirecTV remote to any of the Sony Smart TV models.
DirecTV Remote Code for Sony Smart TV
How to Program DirecTV Remote to Sony Smart TV [New Models]
1. Press the Menu button on your DirecTV remote.
2. On your Sony TV, go to Settings → Remote Control → Program Remote.
3. From the options, choose your TV from the list.
4. Now, enter any of the remote codes on your DirecTV remote to pair it with Sony TV.
5. If it is not paired, repeat the process with a different code.
6. If paired successfully, you can control the Sony TV with the DirecTV universal remote.
How to Program DirecTV Remote to Sony Smart TV [Older Models]
1. Press the Menu button on the DirecTV remote.
2. On your Sony TV, go to Parental Favorites and Setup → System Setup → Remote or Remote Control → Program Remote.
3. On the top of your DirecTV remote, slide the switch to the TV.
4. Then, long press the Mute and Select Button simultaneously.
5. You can see the light flashing on your remote.
6. After that, find the universal remote code and enter the number on your DirecTV remote.
7. If your TV does not respond, you have to repeat the process with a different code.
8. When it is paired successfully, control your Sony TV with the DirecTV remote.
How to Program DirecTV Genie Remote to Sony TV
1. On your Genie remote, long press the Mute and Select buttons at the same time.
2. After that, the green light will flash twice at the top of your remote.
3. Then enter 961 on your Genie Remote.
4. Click on the Channel Up button once and press Enter.
5. When the Sony TV displays “Your Remote is now Setup for RF”, press the OK button.
6. Now, restart your Sony Smart TV.
7. Go to the home screen and press the Settings icon.
8. Click on Remote Control >> Program Remote.
9. From the available devices, select your DirecTV Genie remote.
10. The remote will be paired to your Sony TV.
You can try 1001, 1093, 1149, 1046, and 1059 codes to program universal remotes to Sony TVs.
To reset the DirecTV remote, long press the Mute and Select buttons simultaneously until the light flashes. Then, press 9,8,1 and click on the Select button.