Dailymotion is a popular platform for sharing videos. This French-based platform was launched in March 2005. Dailymotion is available in different countries across the globe. This includes the United Kingdom, Australia, South Korea, Japan, and India. Also, Dailymotion supports around 183 different languages. Additionally, Dailymotion has 43 localized versions of the app in different countries that provide local content. With that, you can install the Dailymotion on the Philips Smart TV to stream all the local and international content.
The Dailymotion app not only concentrates on local content but also global music, sports, news, and entertainment. Also, you can find amazing stories on different topics from popular publishers on Dailymotion. The daily section of Dailymotion, Daily Pulse, updates you about the trending stories in the app.
Dailymotion is a completely free app that focuses on ads. So, you need not pay for a Dailymotion subscription.
Add Dailymotion on Philips Smart TV
If you have a Philips Smart TV, you know that it either supports an Android OS or a Roku OS. So, let’s learn how to access Dailymotion on both of these.
How to Stream Dailymotion on Philips Android TV
1. Turn on your Philips Android TV and then connect to the internet.
2. Launch the Google Play Store from your home screen.
3. Further, click on the Search icon on your screen.
4. Search for the Dailymotion app using the on-screen keyboard.
5. From the app suggestions on your screen, choose the Dailymotion app.
6. Select the Install button and start downloading the app.
7. Open the Dailymotion app once the app installation is complete.
8. Follow the on-screen prompts and then sign in to the Dailymotion app.
9. Start streaming the Dailymotion app on your Philips Android TV.
Related: How to Get Dailymotion on Insignia Smart TV.
How to Stream Dailymotion on Philips Roku TV
Dailymotion hasn’t made its own app available in the Roku OS. This means that you need to screen mirror the Dailymotion Android app on your TV.
1. Turn on your Philips Roku TV and then connect to the same WiFi as your Android smartphone.
2. Next, launch the Roku Settings and then select the System option.
3. Further, click on the Screen Mirroring option and then on the Always allow option.
4. Launch the Dailymotion app on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
5. Open the Settings and then click on Connected Devices.
6. Select the Connection Preferences option and then the Cast option.
7. Select your Philips Roku TV from the list of available devices.
10. Tap the Start Now option on your TV screen to start mirroring the app on your TV.
11. Finally, open the Dailymotion app and start playing any content from inside the app.
Dailymotion is a complete entertainer app as it has a variety of contents to keep you thrilled. With the app, build your own library with the videos you like. Also, save videos offline so that you can watch them at your most convenient time. If you have any queries with the Dailymotion app, let us know in the comments.