|Yes [App Store]
|Yes [Play Store]
|Free(ad-supported), starts from $7.99/month (ad-free)
|Sign Up Link
If you are a hard-core anime fan then Crunchyroll is a must-have app. With this app, you can stream numerous anime content, and is frequently updated with new episodes once it has been aired in its homeland, Japan. Crunchyroll is available on multiple platforms including smart TVs. Its ad-supported version is free to use. The ad-free version has three different plans namely Fan, Mega Fan, and Ultimate Fan costing $7.99/month, $9.99/month, and $14.99/month respectively. The best part is that the app offers a 14-day free trial on its premium plans to test the service.
How to Install Crunchyroll on Toshiba Smart TV
You can install the Crunchyroll app on your Toshiba Smart TV, running on Android, Google, and Fire TV OS.
How to Get Crunchyroll on Toshiba Android/Google TV
- Power On your Toshiba TV and connect it to a stable internet connection.
- Now, select the Apps tab and launch the Google Play Store. If you’re a Toshiba Google TV user, choose Search movies, shows, apps, and more.
- Click on the Search option and enter Crunchyroll using the on-screen keyboard.
- Select the official app and tap the Install button to get the app on your Toshiba Smart TV.
- After installing the Crunchyroll app, launch it and activate it to stream your desired content.
How to Get Crunchyroll on Toshiba Fire TV
- Launch the Toshiba Fire TV and select the Search icon on the home screen.
- Enter Crunchyroll and select the app from the suggestions.
- Select the Crunchyroll app and click Get/Download to download the app on Toshiba Fire TV.
- After downloading, click Open to launch the app on Toshiba Fire TV.
How to Activate Crunchyroll on Toshiba Smart TV
- Launch the Crunchyroll app and click on the Login button.
- You will see an activation code on the screen. Make a note of it.
- From your PC or smartphone, visit the Crunchyroll activation website [https://www.crunchyroll.com/activate].
- Enter the Phone Number and Email ID associated with the account and click Login.
- Enter the 6-digit code displayed on the screen and click Activate.
- Once the app has been activated, play your favorite anime content.
How to AirPlay Crunchyroll to Toshiba Smart TV
- Launch the Crunchyroll app on your iPhone or iPad and sign in with your credentials. New users can install the app from the App Store on their devices.
- Connect your TV and iPhone/iPad to the same WiFi.
- Play the event and hit the AirPlay icon on the media playback.
- Choose your TV from the list of available devices.
- Now, the Crunchyroll content on your iPhone will start to AirPlay on your TV.
How to Cast Crunchyroll to Toshiba Smart TV
- Launch the Crunchyroll app on your smartphone and sign in with your credentials. If you haven’t installed the app, get it from the Google Play Store.
- Connect your Smart TV and Android smartphone to the same WiFi.
- Hit the Cast icon on the top right corner of the app.
- Choose your TV name from the list.
- Now, play the desired content on the Crunchyroll app and watch it on the TV screen.
It is because of an outdated app version or Toshiba TV firmware. Update the Toshiba Smart TV and the Crunchyroll app to the latest version.
It is due to a weak Internet connection, a corrupted cache, and bugs. Connect the device to a strong WiFi and clear the Crunchyroll app cache to fix the issue.