Hotstar is one of the streaming applications that features all Star Network TV shows and movies from various languages along with Disney, HBO, Showtime content, etc. Hotstar app is now officially available in India, the USA, and Canada. Recently the app has also been rolled out in Singapore and the UK. Hotstar is available on various platforms like Android, iOS, streaming services, and smart TVs. With that, you can install Hotstar or any other apps on Sony Smart TVs from Play Store as they run based on Android TV OS.
Hotstar on Sony Smart TV
Almost all of the Sony Smart TVs run on Android TV OS. So obviously, you can find the Play Store to install various applications. Hotstar is officially available on the Play Store so you will be able to install the application on your Sony Smart TV.
In the USA, Hotstar has two subscription plans, a monthly plan, and a yearly plan. The monthly plan costs $9.99 and the yearly plan costs $99.99.
How to Install Hotstar on Sony Smart TV
1. First, turn on your Sony Smart TV and make sure to connect it to the internet.
2. Navigate to the Apps section.
3. Then click on the Get More Apps button or Google Play Store.
4. On the Google Play Store, click on the Search icon on the top-left corner of the screen.
5. Type Hostar and search for the application.
6. Click on the Hotstar app (If you are from India, you will find Disney + Hotstar app) from the search results.
7. On the app installation screen, click on the Install button.
8. The Hotstar app will be downloaded and installed on your Sony TV.
9. Click on the Open button to launch the application.
How to Install Hotstar on Sony Google TV
1. On your Sony Google TV, click the Search option on the top.
2. Type Hotstar or use the voice command to search for the app.
3. Select the Hotstar app from the search results.
4. Then, tap the Install button to get the Hotstar app on your Sony Google TV.
5. After the installation, tap the Install button.
6. Open the Hotstar app for the activation process.
How to Activate Hotstar on Sony Smart TV
1. Launch the Hotstar app on your Sony TV.
2. On the bottom right corner, click on the My Account option.
3. An activation code will appear on the screen.
4. On your phone or computer web browser, go to the Hotstar Activation site.
5. Login if asked and enter the activation code that appears on your Sony Smart TV.
6. Then, click the Continue button.
7. Once the verification is successful, the Hotstar app on your TV screen will refresh and start loading the contents.
How to Cast Hotstar on Sony Smart TV
1. Launch the Hotstar app on your Android or iOS device.
2. Connect your smartphone and Sony Smart TV or Chromecast device to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Tap the Cast icon on the bottom of the Hotstar app. For iOS, you need to enable AirPlay on Sony TV.
4. Select the Sony Smart TV from the list of available devices.
5. Now, play any of the shows that you want.
6. It will appear on your Sony Smart TV.
With this, you can install or cast the Hotstar app on your Sony Bravia TV. Get the Hotstar app and stream all the Star Network on your smart TV. If you have issues with the Hotstar app, tell us in the comments below.
Yes, Hotstar is available for all Sony Android TV models. You can get the app from the Play Store.
For non-Android TVs, you have to get external devices like Firestick and Roku to get Hotstar.